Stoneware time!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
I know that they are not worth anything when broken, I jut love gluing all the chunks back into one for a decor piece. Lots of work but they look quite nice near the end. Anyone got any stonewares to show off?
20210520_151340.jpg
20210502_212047.jpg

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score

RCO

Reaction score
I know that they are not worth anything when broken, I jut love gluing all the chunks back into one for a decor piece. Lots of work but they look quite nice near the end. Anyone got any stonewares to show off?View attachment 225815View attachment 225818

no never really found much stonewear around here , maybe seen the odd broken item before . its not something I'm really that familiar with .

you'd likely come across some stonewear for sale in some of Ontario's antique malls and such

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It is a molasses jug labeled El Farrer iberville pq from quebec around 1880
Wow, that's quite far from home! I might have come across one of those jugs before, I know I've seen a stoneware jug from Iberville and almost bought it because it was cheap, but didn't because I didn't want it taking up space.

Reaction score
Funny Story... I have a fair amount of stoneware and pottery jugs. Several years ago I ran across this jug (see photo) at a flea market. It had been broken into many pieces and glued back together. I went to pay for the item and the lady kindly said "you know this has been repaired?" I chuckled and said, "If anyone had the patience to repair this, it deseres to be bought!". We both laughed. Don't know what type of adhesive they used. But it's been outside holding a door closed for years. Sill holding up and I still picture the person putting it back together....

Attachments

• Jug-1.jpg
    Jug-1.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Jug-2.jpg
    Jug-2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 129

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members