Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

stormy find

seniorscuba1

Feb 24, 2020
Hi this is another find, from an American ship which wrecked near the entrance Halifax Harbour in a fog do to Compass error in 1915. The vessel was called the aw Perry a coastal steamer which ran General Goods and people between Boston and Halifax it's a beautiful dive when the weather is nice,it can be a nasty place open to the ocean when it's rough once long ago a few of us decided to go dive on it it's a beautiful wreck with the bow in about 45 feet scattered everywhere broke over ledge. I found this dish which I think is a soap dish buried in a pile of wreckage it took about 20 minutes to dig it up being tossed around by the swells and being careful not to break it .so i cradled it in my hand and kept the rest of my air to swim back . it was quite rough with the waves smashing up against the rocks.
i had a hard time getting out gettingDSCN0042.JPG washed in the few times by the sea but I finally made it Looking Back Now is there a nice dish but it wasn't worth risking my life for

embe

Jul 14, 2019
Good reminder, and sentimental value is something to appreciate

seniorscuba1

Feb 24, 2020
Good reminder, and sentimental value is something to appreciate
I know considering time it took me to get out of the wreckage and the herd time I had getting out of the water without breaking the dish it's worth something to me. By the way do you believe it's a soap dish when might it be something else

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southern Relic