Strange ebay bidding?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Toma777

Reaction score
I bought a piece of stereo equipment recently (Schitt Vidar), and out of curiosity I went on eBay to see what the used prices were. People were bidding up the price of used equipment higher than the brand new prices.

I've had to use the "auto-bid" on eBay before, because I don't always have the time to check back, and I set the price high enough to get the item. I've seen people put in tons of small bids trying to squeak up to the price of my auto-bid.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
I've always found ebay bidding to be weird , especially lately as people here were bored cause of covid restrictions .

was some bottles I bid on , one I can recall had no bids until like the last minute if not seconds and price suddenly doubled and it was won by a new bidder
Lol, that's the smartest way to bid if ur a buyer. Sucks for the seller. I use to do this all the time when I was making Buckeye necklaces for games to the Chinese seller's selling beads. I bid low so I'd get on the notification lists & wait until 30 seconds remained then at about 10seconds I'd make a final bid. It worked out great. I bought millions of beads & charms for literally pennies.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Lol, that's the smartest way to bid if ur a buyer. Sucks for the seller. I use to do this all the time when I was making Buckeye necklaces for games to the Chinese seller's selling beads. I bid low so I'd get on the notification lists & wait until 30 seconds remained then at about 10seconds I'd make a final bid. It worked out great. I bought millions of beads & charms for literally pennies.

That’s how I roll, when not by proxy. But it comes back on ya sometimes! A bottle just like this went for a couple hundred on auction- so taking my brilliant notes I thought “what is the least I would take for this gorgeous bottle?” And came up with $39.99 + $20 shipping- (shipping has gotten ridiculous just strictly shipping! ) dang it if this guy, last second got it for the bottom dollar! The only thing that helped was he was really nice- loves his whiskey collection and sounded like he belonged here with us! So it went to a good home, at least! And he was just thrilled with it….
f4dc7ce0c35c1b85e20724e4b85a299c.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

relic rescuer

Reaction score
Look at the strange ebay bidding on this item? High bidder tries to outbid himself 10 times? Update, 13 times. Clown or some kind of shill bidding going on???

eBay Item Bid History
You can't outbid yourself on eBay. It just stays at the lowest bid until someone bids higher, then takes it up enough to out bid the other, unless they keep raising it up.

relic rescuer

Reaction score
That’s how I roll, when not by proxy. But it comes back on ya sometimes! A bottle just like this went for a couple hundred on auction- so taking my brilliant notes I thought “what is the least I would take for this gorgeous bottle?” And came up with $39.99 + $20 shipping- (shipping has gotten ridiculous just strictly shipping! ) dang it if this guy, last second got it for the bottom dollar! The only thing that helped was he was really nice- loves his whiskey collection and sounded like he belonged here with us! So it went to a good home, at least! And he was just thrilled with it….
f4dc7ce0c35c1b85e20724e4b85a299c.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's called sniping. I do it every time. It's stupid to put a bid up, only to have someone bid it up higher.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi