Strangest Things You've Found In A Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Yesterday while looking for a dump I found a small newer dump site. I pulled out a square jar with a plastic lid out of the side of the creek bank and it had 2 rats in it. I'm not sure if it was water in the jar or something to preserve them but it was rather nasty. BLECHH!! Swiz

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
I found a baby in a bottle many years ago. A curious thing. The stripling looked familiar, as baby's go, probably the son of a stonemason cast aside as an imperfect cobble. "A baby in every bottle", the advertisements proclaimed at a time when productivity was measured in offspring and man was still tethered to the earth by more terrestrial dreams.

I met a man once who was trapped in a bottle. He started life as a vagabond sailing the high seas in search of salvation. He met his Waterloo as a sideshow attraction in Venice, California hawking matchstick frigates inside vacant bottles of Valley of the Moon tokay.

I look at bottles and see the remnants of dreams, and dreams mispent. Of hopes, and marketing schemes to sell the oily skins of snakes to passerby who have yet to kiss the serpent. I see children gleefully smashing glassine vessels in abandon not knowing that they dash the last hope of consumptives long gone to their turf, their epitaph a fragment lost to the memories of elephants.

The baby in the bottle turned out to be me. Surrounded am I with the vagaries of the past in which I find grounding. To the future glass yields to dreams ensconced in plastic and therein lies the legacy. The passing of the mantle lies as compost along a road frequently travelled by passerby intent on the destination rather than the journey.

digdug

Reaction score
I bought 65 bottles yesterday and one of them was an IBC Root Beer, 1 Liter and very dark amber glass. It had no cap on it. I brought it home and put it in a dishpan I have to clean bottles. I have to use our kitchen sink to clean all my finds.
I soaked the IBC with a few other bottles. I came back and noticed the water was pretty nasty. I picked up the IBC and began to pour out the water down the drain. I noticed a lot of grey stuff coming out of the bottle. I realized it was grey fur! I took the bottle over to the trashcan and slapped the bottom like it was a catsup bottle. Out popped a mummified (now hairless) mouse! He must have been in the bottle for many years. The bottle was so dark I did not see him in it. I had to QUICKLY disinfect the sink (and my hands) before my wife got home and make sure ALL of the fur was gone!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I have found many things in bottles underwater, usually the original contents. Once I found a little cathedral bottle sealed with capers in it. I have several full beer bottles. In fact, maybe I'll post a picture. These are incredibly stinky when opened. I also found some white crystalinne material that turned out to be the original menthol inhalent. I've also found a crumpled lucky strike matchbox in a Christmas coke. No babies or frogs, though.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
I once found a sealed Ball Ideal fruit jar (1950s) with a piece of chicken in it. It looked perfectly fine besides the weird juice it was floating in! I also found a whiskey bottle half full of cherry pits. They almost dissolved when I squeezed one.

swizzle

Reaction score
I wanna find a jar full of money. I did find over $800 once but not in a bottle. I'm gonna try to find the old thread and post the link. That had some cool stuff on it too. Swiz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky