Stumbled over this Information

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

foster2100

Reaction score
So I guess people will have to be trained to learn how to spot reproductions then as well? I mean after all we can all be fooled, they're just getting better at reproductions. The point I'm trying to make is this if you can't have the original and it's popular then people will just get whatever is the closest to the real thing.

sunrunner

Reaction score
big brother government has it's eye on you. I am sorry .

Last edited:

coldwater diver

Reaction score
" What’s bad is that the small factions that push for legislation portray it in such a light that most of the lawmakers truly believe that they are doing the right thing, because collectors don’t have the lobbyists in place to monitor and fight such laws."

I took this quote from the author and can relate it to my business I am in. I always remember that saying two things you dont want to see being made "Laws and Sausage". Well Im in the food business, have been since the age of 14. In the 30+ years since thenI have never seen sprinkler systems in coolers or in freezers(walkin ones). Now all the sudden in the past few years it is required. I have seen motors overheat and usually stop working (fan motors). The rest is freon that is pumped down from the compressor that sits atop the unit or outside the building. In all my years in the business I never heard of a fire starting in a walkin freezer or cooler, Someone with ties to either Fire Safety, Fire Suppression/Sprinkler talked to the right lawmaker and pushed this through in the name of "SAFETY". Now its required and for people in this line of business it is an expensive proposition to put this in on top of paying that same company to annually inspect it Not For Free .
So I imagine it the same excepting these laws are being pushed under the words "Protect, Preserve, Defend etc etc take your pick. I can only think if you are a digger fill in your holes be respectful dont give others the fuel and or examples to campaign to lawmakers. I dunno just my two cents. I personally view my activity as cleaning up man made garbage from our rivers,lakes and streams across this county God Bless America. Coldwater OUT.
images

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis