Stumbled upon a decent (untouched) dump today.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
RE: Back to the Stumbled upon Dump 9/22

ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

don't know , I only do medicine bottles.

Maybe an inhaler. You could at least dig us a whole one. Half of that one is chewed off.
Are the ends sealed?
reefer 2 Dave's answer

David Fertig

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

crack someone must have tossed it over the guardrail last month lol

What?!? Come on man. That's a Chinese laborer opium pipe for sure. You know it's 1880's.

And besides - isn't this a kid friendly website? You can't go posting that stuff here. They might be traumatized and go off an shoot up a mall or something.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

No seriously that was on top of the leaves. But hey,they could have smoked opium out of it with the crack [:D]

I was sitting there that day thinking about the days when these bottles were in use. Thinking about the horse and wagon that dumped the bottles there.ya know just day dreaming. Then a 747 flew right over us
(real low & loud) the air port is a stones throw away.Cars drove by a short distance away, that road was once dirt and it leads to the next town.
People dont realize how far we have come. A lot of bottle collectors don't really care about where the stuff came from or what life was like back then. They just want to cash in $$$$$$$$. I hope I never get to that point.

creeper71

Reaction score

"Cordial" glasses were typically small in size.
Cordials were often drank as an aperitif.
Relative to your medicine it would refer to the smooth taste and gastric soothing traits
I cant remember the exact ingredients for that one but wouldn't be surprised if it had opiates or chloroform.
WTF??!! chloroform???

logueb

Reaction score

A lot of bottle collectors don't really care about where the stuff came from or what life was like back then. They just want to cash in $$$$$$$$. I hope I never get to that point.
I totally agree with that Rick. The shed out back is packed full and I keep adding more. I'll let the kids and grandkids deal with it when the time comes. I've already started a "bottle dump" out back with several hundred not so perfect bottles that there was no room for in the shed. Thinking of leaving the twin boys a map of where they are buried. They are only two years old now. Their dad, my son-in-law is into bottles , but not to the degree that I am.

You may make a dump digger yet. Enjoyed this post very much. Buster

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: creeper71

"Cordial" glasses were typically small in size.
Cordials were often drank as an aperitif.
Relative to your medicine it would refer to the smooth taste and gastric soothing traits
I cant remember the exact ingredients for that one but wouldn't be surprised if it had opiates or chloroform.
WTF??!! chloroform???

It knocks you out before you die [8D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: logueb

A lot of bottle collectors don't really care about where the stuff came from or what life was like back then. They just want to cash in $$$$$$$$. I hope I never get to that point.
I totally agree with that Rick. The shed out back is packed full and I keep adding more. I'll let the kids and grandkids deal with it when the time comes. I've already started a "bottle dump" out back with several hundred not so perfect bottles that there was no room for in the shed. Thinking of leaving the twin boys a map of where they are buried. They are only two years old now. Their dad, my son-in-law is into bottles , but not to the degree that I am.

You may make a dump digger yet. Enjoyed this post very much. Buster

I was raised as a dump digger[:D] But today we are digging a privy.

I never said I (don't like) dumps I just hate the real new new ones.[:D]

sandchip

Reaction score

I was sitting there that day thinking about the days when these bottles were in use. Thinking about the horse and wagon that dumped the bottles there.ya know just day dreaming. Then a 747 flew right over us
(real low & loud) the air port is a stones throw away.Cars drove by a short distance away, that road was once dirt and it leads to the next town.
People don't realize how far we have come. A lot of bottle collectors don't really care about where the stuff came from or what life was like back then. They just want to cash in $$$$$$$$.

Good observation and so true.

I hope I never get to that point.

I love the glass too much for that to happen. Just finding an old piece of broken glass on the ground, feeling the texture and holding it up the light gets me going and takes me to another time and place. Sounds sorta stupid I guess, but it is what it is.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum