Sunnyside Ginger Ale by the Narragansett Brewing Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Re: RE: Sunnyside Ginger Ale by the Narragansett Brewing Co.

Also, 12oz bottles for soda were not the norm in the Prohibition era.
What markings are on the bottom of the bottle?
I wonder how different regular ale vs ginger ale would look in a green bottle. Maybe there was some monkeyshines in the company.[:)]

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello all- just picked up this post- and yes I remember being shown the Sunnyside Ginger ale bottle from Narragansett. And I have not seen another, and yes, they most certainly made ginger ale during prohibition. While the bottle may date from 1920, the label may be later. The graphics and typography look more like the '30s. Bottle stocks shifted around quite frequently with bottlers going out of business and selling the lot, including bottles that might have been around for a while. However, we do know that Narragansett did make ginger ale earlier. Here's an embossed version possibly from 1918-19 or later. There are no markings to date the bottle. I've only seen one other, which sold on eBay for $142 plus postage! Not sure that the later Sunnyside would fetch that, but I don't have one. This one, along with other prohibition ginger ales was on display last summer at the Manchester show. My other thread (News from Ginger Ale Collector) has a link. Ken Previtali

Attachments

• dc942d9e2133461cbfff7d0a4c08a5ae.jpg
    dc942d9e2133461cbfff7d0a4c08a5ae.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp