Sunstroke Coke

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I found this one floating in the river above the dam in freshwater. Below is brackish saltwater. I know it is only 9 years old but with the cap on it has been floating around in the sun and the red Coca Cola aluminum bottle has turned an even beautiful sunset orange. Odd looking. Think this happens to all of them. Coke wont be happy about this...color defect? Who knows? I have not seen any others like this.
IMG_20200415_084946.jpg
IMG_20200415_084953.jpg

Troutmaster08

Reaction score
Reminds me of the manganese glass that turns purple in the sun.

RCO

Reaction score
the red usually fads away over time , seen lots of coke cans or plastic bottles where the colour has faded away .

colour is better preserved on cans if they've been hidden under leaves or in the ground , if they've been in the open often faded somewhat

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
the red usually fads away over time , seen lots of coke cans or plastic bottles where the colour has faded away .

colour is better preserved on cans if they've been hidden under leaves or in the ground , if they've been in the open often faded somewhat
Yes i agree. The ones i found are usually bleach but on one side only. This one with the cap on was floating around like a rotisserie. The orange is evenly colored all the way around. Orange flavored coke was what i thought it was. With all the flavored cokes...lime, cherry, vanilla You know.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu