Survey says.....is it real? or repo?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Topusmc

Reaction score
Doing my early morning check for bitter when this one one popped up. I saw a thread on these somewhere but a caffeine deficiency has limited my mental capacity.
unknown antique BLUE Bottle hand blown WHAT IS IT ? LARGE medicine bitters beer

Seller states: "UNKNOWN antique hand blown blue bottle.

measures 10 inches tall - 5.5 in wide x 4.5 in deep. Hand blown with aplied neck and lip. Lots ( thousands ) of tiny air bubbles. verticle rib on each side. a couple very minor scratches - no flea bites, cracks or chips. Ive come across alot of bottles in my travels and this is by far the coolest most wicked bottle I have come across. I have spent more than 5 hours on the internet trying to find something similar and could not. If you have any info on this bottle PLEASE educate me.Thanks for looking good luck"

Bidding starts at $99.00.

I have not seen one like this at any bottle shows for sale. Just about every show I go to does not allows repos.

My vote goes for repo.

epackage

Reaction score
Part of a whole group of bottles made in different colors and varying neck lengths and often called half post bottles that are all repros..Good call but some sucker will pay way more than it's worth....

This discussion happened two weeks ago regarding these bottles....Jim

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/The-odd-half-post-bottles/m-467450/tm.htm

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Part of a whole group of bottles made in different colors and varying neck lengths and often called half post bottles that are all repros..Good call but some sucker will pay way more than it's worth....

This discussion happened two weeks ago regarding these bottles....Jim

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/The-odd-half-post-bottles/m-467450/tm.htm
[:mad:] Already told the guy it is a repro, havent heard back, there is a few of these on flea-bay, buyer beware................

tigue710

Reaction score
frikin bottle is wicked dood! i was in my ca and drove by this frikin store it was in the frikin window dood! I frikin thought it was wicked cool and had to have it dood!

Topusmc

Reaction score
While it might look nice setting in a big bay window, take a gander at the base, not a lick of shelf ware, and the lip looks like an amateur applied it. I bet this think had a sticker on the bottom that got removed.

At least the guy reproducing Castle Insulators put an embossed repo mark right on the glass where you can't miss it!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch