Taking a break here

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I'm going to be leaving the site a while, to focus on my other hobbies and interests. So I won't be posting anything for a while, and it's nothing personal to anyone. But I will say it's a good time to take a break. It's getting hard to trust the new arrivals here. They start out totally normal and sane, then as soon as you give them a response they weren't hoping for, they go off the deep end. It's like someone who never got told "no" growing up. Very immature. I don't have the time and energy for these people.

sandchip

Reaction score
The ones who do get their panties in a wad over finding out their Vaseline jar isn't a Jared Spencer flask rarely hang around here for the long run anyway. I hate to see any of our more knowledgeable members leave over the actions of immature neophytes, but I try to be understanding in hopes that they will indeed return after a while. Nothing wrong with being a novice. We've all been there, but a hypersensitive beginner who can't accept the friendly truth about their find(s) is another thing.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
The ones who do get their panties in a wad over finding out their Vaseline jar isn't a Jared Spencer flask rarely hang around here for the long run anyway. I hate to see any of our more knowledgeable members leave over the actions of immature neophytes, but I try to be understanding in hopes that they will indeed return after a while. Nothing wrong with being a novice. We've all been there, but a hypersensitive beginner who can't accept the friendly truth about their find(s) is another thing.
Calm down partner In those cases I choose the silence.
In a global hyper connected world it could happen.

Screwtop

Reaction score
It must be a beginner thing. I got really excited over my original 1930s screwtop bottles, now I know they aren't worth much of anything. I still like them, I just know not to post them and get positive feedback.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
That's right.
This is a place where collectors, diggers feel happy.
You make this page and it's staying alive because of you.
No problem with taking a break but just stay Al.

oppiejoe

Reaction score
I'm a long term lurker who hasn't posted before.. I was grateful for info supplied by a long time member about a bottle my brother found to be collectable to him (a hunter's beverage bottle). I noticed the recent post regarding the holy water bottle and thought to myself "wow... some people cant even be polite enough to thank a member of a forum for info even when it isnt the story you want to hear "
Haven't read every thread but my feelings are that having to deal with those kind of attitudes would be tiring after awhile.
Anyhow... just thought I would pipe up and say that my experience with this forum has been good and long time members have been kind and helpful to me in the past so thank you all.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi