Taking a break here

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Huntindog

Reaction score
I guess I would be called a Lurker... I don't post very often.
I too have been a member for a long time and although I'm a high end collector I enjoy what others find and like reading the stories.
Any forum is made up of many members.. some just read some post and others rant.
It's all part of it.
I just take the rants with a grain of salt and a chuckle and move on. It's their blood pressure...

Western PA
I certainly hope that you stay on this forum and contribute on occasion.
I'm sure the vast majority of us enjoy your input.

Edit
Went back and found that "Jerk" and I use that term lightly.
He didn't like the answers he got and had his mind madeup before he posted.
Don't let a small minded person ruin your day.

Last edited:

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
I
I'm a long term lurker who hasn't posted before.. I was grateful for info supplied by a long time member about a bottle my brother found to be collectable to him (a hunter's beverage bottle). I noticed the recent post regarding the holy water bottle and thought to myself "wow... some people cant even be polite enough to thank a member of a forum for info even when it isnt the story you want to hear "
Haven't read every thread but my feelings are that having to deal with those kind of attitudes would be tiring after awhile.
Anyhow... just thought I would pipe up and say that my experience with this forum has been good and long time members have been kind and helpful to me in the past so thank you all.
I think the same so thanks all, thank you very much for been there

hemihampton

Reaction score
I remember when I first posted here way back in 2006, asking about some Bottles I had. I didn't like the answers I got. Only difference was I was not asking about 1950's Clorox bottles or 1960's miracle whip jars but nice clean attic mint tough 1890's Quart Blob Beers with mint lightning stoppers intact & was told they were common $5.00 bottles by many people who knew nothing about them? LEON.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
I remember when I first posted here way back in 2006, asking about some Bottles I had. I didn't like the answers I got. Only difference was I was not asking about 1950's Clorox bottles or 1960's miracle whip jars but nice clean attic mint tough 1890's Quart Blob Beers with mint lightning stoppers intact & was told they were common $5.00 bottles by many people who knew nothing about them? LEON.
What!!
I remember a mint condition pontil demi-john I display in an exhibition.Most of people didn't care but someone just said Ah a demi-john!

ajohn

Reaction score
...... Hmmmmmm. It's interesting how somethings never change. Especially when it comes to people. Don't sweat the small #@$&!. I haven't been on the site in a long time... Life. We used to get into some real haymakers? Kinda felt like it was our form of reality

Flasks

Reaction score
We collectors at one point share identical transitions..from not knowing what a bottle is, to being considered an expert in the field and even that field of knowledge is limited. Being an expert in any field requires dedication, association, perseverance and research. Experts learn from others, factual information doesn't come out of thin air. We, who are more knowledgeable in collecting bottles, or what-ever, should share our knowledge willingly. However, some people resent being informed that their question, or the item they've found doesn't meet their "hopeful" answer from a knowledgeable source. They are disappointed, can't accept that feeling and then they become frustrated and turn that frustration to someone else in an uncalled for response. Perhaps they carry a underlying guilt of quitting school, or hoping to get rich quick without any real input on their behalf, basically they are unhappy with themselves which is the case, in my estimation, 90% of the time which brings this attitude into fruition. True lovers of history, bottles, artifacts and other associated fields must simply overlook and ignore this type of person but try to understand their seemingly distasteful and uncalled for intervention or reaction. Now lets go digging!

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
I vote with everyone else. I have been on hear a long time as well. Was Jammur9 but stop posting for awhile and came back to having to make a new account due to lost info. Without awesome people like yourself taking time out of your day to answer questions and give advice it wont be the same.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Hi Flasks, my buddy and I that bought some bottles and tools from you, definately going digging with you !
Whenever you are ready .
Like your point of view : )

Hope nobody leaves ,lost enough members, glad to see some back,
Hey A John , good to see you posting!

Last edited:

photolith

Reaction score
This website isn’t bad, but all the bottle pages on Facebook are horrible. It’s all people asking, anyone know anything about this bottle and how much is it worth?!?!?!?!!!?!!!?? While they post a 1980s piece of junk without doing any external research, which is usually super easy. Most people on here seem to be long time collectors and know a lot.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi