Taking some pictures.......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flyingfrog2015

Reaction score
Those are nice insulators! I'm a bottle collector, not an insulator collector, and I downsized my bottle collection several years ago, keeping only my most favorites. When I was doing my bottle downsizing about 15 years ago, I remembered that when I had purchased a collection of 200 bottles about 40 years ago, 3 or 4 insulators were included. I had put those insulators in the back of a kitchen cabinet and forgot about them, but remembered them when I was selling off most of my bottles (some of those bottles each sold for almost what I had paid for the entire collection, others for more than half of what I paid, and so on down the line). Anyway, I checked out the insulators by doing some online research and found out that most were practically worthless but one wasn't - it was a dark green CD 132.2 "Paisley" insulator that had swirls and bubbles in it. I sold that insulator for more than 10X what I had paid for the entire bottle collection of which it was a part. Looking back, I think I made a wise investment 40 years ago.

Brutalfly

Reaction score
Is that honey Amber HGCO a 160? Or 162? It looks like a 160. That would be a really good insulator in that color I think.

The one you are talking about is pretty neat although it is a commemorative that was made by Lauckner. I have attached a website that has it. It is pretty cool I love it and my wife got it for me for an anniversary present this past year.
https://www.hemingray.info/database/fakes.php

Brutalfly

Reaction score
I think in all I have about between 75 and 100 insulators. Some of the insulators are the same CD numbers but with some variations to them. I have 4 Hemingray 9 (CD106) but they are 4 different variations and 5 Hemingray 12 (CD113) but all different variations. It is crazy how it works like that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado