Teal green soda?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EvansBottles

Reaction score
There is no guess work involved here. Your teal green soda is in fact a Porter style bottle. These bottles contained brewed
alcoholic beverages. There is one from Wilmington Del that has PORTER / ALE / CIDER embossed on the back. I don't see
a pontil scar on yours. So it would date to 1858 or later. The soda bottles are narrower. And have either a single tapered collar.
Or a blob top typically. Sometimes other types of applied lips. Such as the applied top on the Twitchell sodas from Philadelphia. We call them Twitchell tops when seen on bottles with other embossings.

K6TIM

Reaction score
Thanks for looking!
My main question is about the teal one. Is it a soda? Also, the hutch and this bottle age.
Thank you!
Dave
The green bottle looks like a mineral water bottle from Saratoga springs bottle.Their bottles are famous mineral water from the spring.They were always green and name embossed on the bottle. The lip is a applied lip,and called double oil or mineral lip after the saratogs spring water.
The applied lip dripping just below the lip.A tooled lip is id.with concetrric rings just below the bottle lip

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Here is three first is tooled second is but not as crude. The third is a machine made. The inside of the machine made is smooth. The tooled lips are rough in side and have a drippy lip. All are just the tops I picked up for examples.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Perfect example of what not to do with your fingers! Sorry kids safety first.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Here is three first is tooled second is but not as crude. The third is a machine made. The inside of the machine made is smooth. The tooled lips are rough in side and have a drippy lip. All are just the tops I picked up for examples.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

You just helped me again. Because it really throws me how you can have the drippy lip with tooled finish or double ring with an applied finish- so when I feel the inside Its a bigger ridge with applied? And more crude? Because can’t the drippy lip be pretty ruff as well? I am about embarrassed to even ask such a basic question after almost 40 years of this! But there ya go. Thanks Robby. You don’t know how I needed a visual like your picture. Now I need an applied finish bottle thrown in the shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
You just helped me again. Because it really throws me how you can have the drippy lip with tooled finish or double ring with an applied finish- so when I feel the inside Its a bigger ridge with applied? And more crude? Because can’t the drippy lip be pretty ruff as well? I am about embarrassed to even ask such a basic question after almost 40 years of this! But there ya go. Thanks Robby. You don’t know how I needed a visual like your picture. Now I need an applied finish bottle thrown in the shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some were applied better than others so i have to take a second look sometimes. Always learning.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky