temporary display repair for heel chip?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KungFu

Reaction score
I'm looking to fashion a temporary (removeable) repair to heel chip on soda bottle. I just want the bottle to stand stable so I don't get a domino effect with my bottle display. Don't care so much if it shows though would prefer transparent or translucent. Any ideas?

KungFu

Reaction score
Try E6000 adhesive or super glue like Loctite. If your soda bottle is clear it won't be very noticeable. On other colors it may show up.
Is super glue removable? I was thinking more along the lines of inverse molding a silicone boot, or something. Modeling clay, perhaps. The bottle is a very light green tint.

KungFu

Reaction score
Here's a pic. It's currently sitting on thin plexi glass pieces.

Attachments

• Chipped heel.PNG
    Chipped heel.PNG
    159.8 KB · Views: 184

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hot glue. It can be peeled off with no problems.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:
Reactions: Len

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
That's true, almost forgot about hot glue. It comes off anything besides fabric.
I heard a story about a guy that used to hot glue his bottles to the shelves so they never walk off. Never caused a problem or damaged the bottle. Cheap earthquake insurance, that is if the whole shelf doesn't collapse.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

KungFu

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I came up with a similar solution to hot glue - paraffin wax. I used it again to keep my bottles from walking off on my glass shelves. In the latter case I heat the block of wax with heat gun until a film of melted wax is created, swipe the the bottle across it and stick it on the shelf (literally). I positioned one improperly, no problem, give it a twist to break the seal, rub / break the wax off, do it again.

Attachments

• heel repair.jpg
    heel repair.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 89

KungFu

Reaction score
It's the one in the middle with the heel chip. Still leaning to the left a bit, but I need that face displayed, so turning the bottle is out. The 'wanderers' were the bottles in the top left corner - the HVAC system is behind this wall.

Attachments

• Display case.jpg
    Display case.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 92

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac