Thank you Rockhounder55

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stardust

Reaction score
I want to thank Mike, for being such a kind friend here on ABF. He's has a heart of gold. I want to thank him for his random acts of kindness that he is always doing for me. He just did another one this weekend.

I never thought that my life would get to this point, that I wouldn't be able to go out to even look for bottles at flea markets or thrift shops anymore. Life changes and I go with the flow ~ There is nothing I can do about it, anyway ~

My son called and said he saw a place down the street with balloons up and a
new thrift shop outdoors and in at a local mulch yard. He said they had bottles there. The heat has been so hot that I could not even take my wheelchair out. We went back to where the shop was and it was gone. : ( The whole thrift shop was GONE! I finally get to go and it is gone. lol! It must have been shut down or illegal. My luck ; ) lol ~

Mike knew I was looking for bottles from a post on here. He, is so kind and yesterday he went out and got me 8 different bottles for the kids and is mailing them out. He won't let me pay him for anything. I can't THANK HIM ENOUGH.

All summer long my granddaughter who is 6, would run to the back yard and say, "let's dig for bottles Nannie." I would say, "they are not ready yet." I think she is catching on that I put them there. Oh no, it's like the tooth fairy and Santa Clause. Please let her and her little brother believe this little game I play with them and let it last forever and ever. I love it so and so do they. They will be away for a couple of weeks with their Mom and when they return we will have the magical bottle digging garden party.

This year is extra special to me about the garden dig, as my grandchildren have lost their beloved grandfather. My granddaughter is grieving really bad. I have been doing art with her to help her release her emotions She is very talented and enjoys our time together. My heart breaks every time I see her missing her Grammpy and showing her emotions so openly. Sometime, I think we should all be more child like and caring~ I'm trying so hard to add as many happy memories, as I can when we are together and trying to let her know he's OK and watching over her right now ~ R.I.P. ~ ~ GW ~

Mike, your bottles will make this year's dig a very special one for a little girl and a little boy. I love those kids so very much! Your kindness will not be forgotten my dear friend ~ [;)] You are the best!!!!!
I'm Blessed to know you ~
star ~

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
Hey Mary, it's not a big deal. You didn't have to start this thread. Now everyone is going to know what a softie I am. [8|] I'll stop by the post office tomorrow at lunch and get them mailed to you. [:)] ~Mike

kwalker

Reaction score
It's acts like this that really bring out a person's true inner-kindness. Almost everyone on this site has a heart of gold (mixed in with a little lead [8D]) but when all is said and done, I can honestly say these guys here are some of the kindest people I've ever met. If there's anything I can do to help I'm here; I know how it feels to lose a grandfather and it's pretty hard when you're so close to them. Think positive and don't ever lose hope!

mr.fred

Reaction score
Your to be commended for kindness----it renews my faith in the human race[8D].But like you-- i prefer to remain anonymous if i can[;)]

Stardust

Reaction score
Yep Mike your a softie, now I know not to thank you on Facebook, Twitter, Buzz or anyplace else ~ Mom taught me to always go out of my way to thank someone and this was this best I could do right now ~ We are a family here and I hear when someone sends someone a bottle so I thanked you. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you ~ [&:]

Kenneth, thank you for your kind words about grandparents. I'm just trying to make a magical bottle garden dig this is year three. I have such a special bond with my grandchildren and I had such a special bond with my grandmother. The rest had all passed away, wish I had got to know them too. Lucky are those who know the love of their grandparents ~ [;)] star ~ night night all ~*

Stardust

Reaction score
I L O V E all of you kind people ~* [;)]
Ty Mike ~ [&:]
Night, night ~

Stardust

Reaction score
Guess what came today? [;)] I had so much fun opening the box and unwrapping the the bottles to be planted ~[:D] Reading your newspaper ~ Doing the crossword puzzle ~ Reading the funnies ~
T H A N K S ~ [8D] WHOO HOO ~[:)]

S T A R ~*

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum