Thank you to the Bradford gang

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a big thanks to a few forum members in Bradford Pa.. On my way through New York on my way to New Hampshire to attend a funeral with my ex wife and children, I notice some Transmission fluid puddling under my ex's car. Totally exhausted and after a couple setbacks already I was a little discouraged and worried. I was at a small gas station on the Seneca Indian reservation on a highway I had driven in the past and knew was sparsely populated. We had already passed a spot with lodging a while back and were ready to stop. Looking up I see a sign reading Bradford Pa. 10 miles with an arrow pointing south. Also hotel signs, I think maybe I can get a hold of Joe and Lauren and get a reference to a good mechanic. After finding a hotel and checking in I open the phone book and start looking to locate him based on a partial recollection of his last name from a package sent years earlier. I find a J. and what I think is his last name and the address coincided with a post I remembered associating with a bottle proprietors name. I call and leave a message and take a much needed shower. Get out of shower and have a return message on my phone and call back. Within minutes I have a name of a trusted mechanic, arise back to the hotel and I am riding along on a guided tour of the city with the mayor of the city. The transmission was fine, just the fluid had been over filled by the person my ex had bought it from, confirmed at no cost by Toms friend. Turns out Lauren had called Joe at work who in turn called Tom who called me. Got to go by and meet Joe for a minute. I was too tired to join them for dinner but was invited and it was a honor and a blessing to meet such fine folks. I look forward to possibly stopping in to say thanks on the return visit if schedule fits. Thanks guys and Lauren for everything, it may not have seemed like a big deal but it was for us.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Now, for my confession and dilemma. While Tom is driving me around and I am commenting on stuff I recognize from Joes posts and he is telling me what we have all heard about him not liking his picture posted, the smart *** in me takes over and you guessed it.[8D] Now,I am truly grateful to Tom for his hospitality but I am stuck with this picture taken exactly at the moment he is telling me how Sick Rick caught him on camera at Baltimore. What to do now? Is it in good fun to post? A vote possibly? Or am I just a **** for thinking it?[:D]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Doug,

Great True A-BN story. Those Bradfordites are some quality people, and some powerful diggers too.

Here's hoping that you have the opportunity to return.

Say, wait a minute, the lovely Lauren has been amongst the missing lately. Could'ya speak to her about that, on your way back, please. [8D]

Bravo Bradford folks!

2796922000_0dd86c14fd.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Admin edit on standby.. [;)]

Fun story to read Doug! Yes, you ended up in good hands rather serendipitissley it seems.. I hope Tom finally gets it that it's OK people see pics of his face.. BTW I haven't seen a good mug shot of you either lately.. [&:]

epackage

Reaction score
Great story...thanks for sharing it. I always knew I liked certain folks here, even without ever meeting them...[;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
I always knew I liked certain folks here, even without ever meeting them... [;)]

Yer darn tootin, Jim,

I feel the same way.

"Serendipitously good hands," well said, Charlie.

The bottle gods were smiling on you, Doug, in a seldom seen fashion. I hope you'll be able to return for a less angst filled visit.

I'd respect Mayor Tom's wishes on the photo front. I know how he feels. I saw my picture on kid's facepage today, and was taken aback. It hit the ole Dad sweet spot, but still... I must be too old and weird, but I don't want my kisser on the internet, thank you very much...

weegee3xx.jpg

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
They (the Bradford gang) are some of the nicest and down to earth members we have on the forum. Notice everything you envisioned about remedying the situation happened from simply remembering the last name, calling them and then getting a good mechanic all happened because its the way all of us should treat each other and the way it should happen to all of us in a similar situation. The Bradford gang as they will be called from this day forward are always posting nice comments and saying and doing what is right all of the time. Penn and Joe and Laur are class acts of people.......As far as Penn and Pictures of him the man is down right handsome with out trying to sound gay!![8D] Rick snapped one and I thought I had a copy of it but I guess not............I always thought he looked like the British actor Tim Curry.................. Can you visualize the resemblance ? if you try real hard[8|]... are you trying.....cant visualize the sameness..............................ya sure? In case you have forgotten what Penn looked like Doug

Look down here

Down just a little further

just a bit more

I know I have a picture somewhere

Oh here it is

AA73FBCE85E844EB958472125E0CA342.jpg

Tom no hard feelings alright[:(][X(][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Attachments

• AA73FBCE85E844EB958472125E0CA342.jpg
    AA73FBCE85E844EB958472125E0CA342.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 81

surfaceone

Reaction score
They (the Bradford gang) are some of the nicest and down to earth members we have on the forum. Notice everything you envisioned about remedying the situation happened from simply remembering the last name, calling them and then getting a good mechanic all happened because its the way all of us should treat each other and the way it should happen to all of us in a similar situation. The Bradford gang as they will be called from this day forward are always posting nice comments and saying and doing what is right all of the time. Penn and Joe and Laur are class acts of people...

Truer words...Steve,

But let's not neglect Mr. Fred, another handsome member of the Bradford Bunch. I've been trying to find that great under floor picture of him showing a find beneath the floor joists, but have not gone to the end of the tether, in case photo phobia is spreading amongst the Bradfordites.... [8D]

Touchy_610x401.png

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Nice meeting and spending a little time with you Doug. Glad Joe was able to track me down so that I could be of what little assistance I was. Give us a shout on the way back if you get a chance. Safe travels.

PD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis