Thapcrim's comforter

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Just bought this pontiled bottle from flea bay, with a super neat in making flaw. Does anybody know what this product was?? I realize some kind of medicine, but of what type, must have had some serious dope in it..............Andy

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey Andy, looks like you have a good one if it's like the one in Matt Knapp's book. Is it aqua, 4 3/8" tall, rectangular with rolled lip? If so he values it at $170 - 180. Got a picture?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
HERE'S the bottle from a few years ago posted by Matt, nothing came of it though. I still can't find anything more.I saw the bottle Andy bought but knew it was out of range for me.I won't post the link for privacy reasons. I will link to Matt's site though.
Thapcrim.jpg

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hey Cows, that's the one, but the one I bought has a big gnarly glass inclusion in the side corner that was in the making. I just love crudities like that, I have searched almost everywhere and cannot find out what kind of medi it was. even Holsts pontiled medi guide didn't help.........Andy

2find4me

Reaction score
Here is the imperfection show in the picture:
DSCN8711.JPG

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic, I do not know how to load pics into this site, just to old[:D]. Holsts says there are 25 to 100 of these out there, so , one would expect some info, but I cant find any.........Andy

RED Matthews

Reaction score
have a thing for marks and mis-fits of glass and materials that ended up in or on bottles. There has been a lot of them. A lady that lives here in Camelot East, brought a little beer bottle to show me - the bird swing inside the bottle. A Neat and Dangerous defect. If it broke in filling - the pieces could do a lot of damage if swallowed. Another defect that is dangerous is a spike of glass created on the bottom of a jar made in the IS-62 press and blow process - when glass stuck to the hot plunger tip and lifted a glass spike on the bottom of a jar. RED M.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
It looks like it could have been a pinch of glass that was dropped and blown against the side wall in the final blow. Hard to tell w/o a hands on inspection. RED M.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky