That's a Big Boy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

celerycola

Reaction score
I haven't seen a 28 ounce in green

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Boy-Soda-bottles-ptd-label-10-ozs-and-apple-grn-embossed-1-pt-12-fl-ozs-/110893272006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d1c10bc6#ht_500wt_1188

StLouBrew

Reaction score
I've never seen that one either. I wish it said St. Charles Mo. on it. Cool bottle though! I do have 28oz. and a 24oz. green Big Boy acls.

Steve
004-6.jpg

005-7.jpg

fishnuts

Reaction score
...again here to show my ignorance.

Are the embossed and the acl Big Boy flavor lines the same?
Related? As in, that kid's mug on the acl replaced the nice deco design?
Huh? Are the acls also from as many locations as the emb versions? I didn't believe so. But...

For what it matters, I haven't seen the big either, although I'm still new to deco collecting.

JayBeck

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: fishnuts

Are the embossed and the acl Big Boy flavor lines the same?
Related? As in, that kid's mug on the acl replaced the nice deco design?
Huh? Are the acls also from as many locations as the emb versions? I didn't believe so. But...

For what it matters, I haven't seen the big either, although I'm still new to deco collecting.

I always thought that the ACL Big Boys from MO were not related to the embossed bottles like the green one. The only Big Boy bottles I have seen from MO are all later (1960s-1970s) and may be a later unrelated company.

I'm not positive but the plethora of different Big Boy bottles from Cleveland, OH suggests to me that this was the headquarters and the embossed bottles with various cities/states were earlier franchise locations. The ACL versions from Cleveland is what I would presume to have replaced the embossed bottles but I don't remember seeing any related Big Boy ACLs from anywhere other than Cleveland. Although, there are brands such as Pep Up that are ACL and were bottled in various locations which all state Big Boy Inc on the label. It seems like they may have stopped franchising the Big Boy brand around the same time the new ACL bottles were being produced. This is just based on my personal experience but I have not seen anything to prove otherwise.

I have not seen the large size embossed green bottle before. I have the same size in clear glass in my collection with no city/state.

fishnuts

Reaction score
So at least the three of us are thinking alike and that is, they are different.

...and, I have a green 7 oz like this Big that nobody has seen.
And a pair of different clear nine's (?)
Not all have cities.

Any in aqua? Cola green?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94