The CaliKid's latest desert adventures

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

Kid ~

Surely you got my email this time ... (Question mark) ?

Speaking of deserts, here's one of my favorite sites. Check it out. Especially the multiple images of Bodie, California where I found an old medicine bottle once while walking along the creek bed with my family. But don't try this yourself. Bodie is a State Park and they lock people up for such things.

SPB

Link:  http://www.ghosttowngallery.com/htme/liste.htm#list

4E95DBBEAE3E4CE089F633E54922E2D6.jpg

Bob -

Yes, I got your email and replied back to you yesterday afternoon. I have no idea what is going on, I'm starting to get a little freaked out.

I have been to Bodie, there's a little bit of a "Disneyland" atmosphere to the place, but it is still a good one to visit. I would never take anything from Bodie, but I have talked to people who have. After all these years, it is a wonder that anything is left.

Here is one of my favorite photos that I took:
DSC04700.jpg

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: TheCaliKid

ORIGINAL: RedGinger

We don't live out West, so no ghost towns on the horizon, but I've always been interested in them. I agree that there are things we can't always see, but they are there. I'm the biggest skeptic ever, but the voices I have caught on my voice recorder are not nothing! I enjoy ghost stories. I have a couple, but I've never seen anything. I think that might freak me out too much. I'm content with EVPs and pictures, for now. Well, there is a place a friend told me about where he is seeing shadows walking around. I wouldn't go there alone, but it would be a sight to see.

Speaking of EVP's...that reminds me of number stations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFRonD-sjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdtQab0pT7A

That is interesting. I've never heard of those. I suppose they could have some part in EVPs, as has been speculated (that EVPs are sometimes picked up from radio stations). A lot of EVPs are intelligent responses to questions, though. This would also not account for residual sounds, I don't think.

TheCaliKid

Reaction score

That is interesting.  I've never heard of those.  I suppose they could have some part in EVPs, as has been speculated (that EVPs are sometimes picked up from radio stations).  A lot of EVPs are intelligent responses to questions, though.  This would also not account for residual sounds, I don't think.

Yeah, some of those Number Stations are pretty creepy. If they were really sending coded messages to "agents in the field", then why repeat the same nonsense for years, sometime decades? How can that be a code for anything more than one mission?

Of interest:

The Russian Woodpecker (1976 - 1989):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOMVdOc9UbE

RedGinger

Reaction score
Great picture. I would, and I'm sure other members would too, like to see more ghost town pics.

TheCaliKid

Reaction score

Great picture.  I would, and I'm sure other members would too, like to see more ghost town pics.

;-)

Well, I only have so much time. I'll see what I can do in a few weeks from now.

I'm gearing up right now for a 4 day desert trip, so that will occupy me for awhile. When I get back, I'll have to re-size and upload all my pictures.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Kid ~

I did not receive the email you sent. Did you send it to my personal email or through this forum? I'm going to send you both my mailing address and email address again (to your personal email) and see what happens.

Thanks.

Bob

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

Kid ~

I did not receive the email you sent. Did you send it to my personal email or through this forum? I'm going to send you both my mailing address and email address again (to your personal email) and see what happens.

Thanks. 

Bob  

Bob -

I received an email from you at 9:35 this morning. I have just replied back.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi