The Canadian Ward's Crush Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
For those that never knew, in Canada there was never a Crush bottle produced with the embossed name Ward's like the USA had.
This is our version or Ward's equivalent that was from the 1920-26 or so era.
Here is an update on the Canadian 'Ward's krinkly bottle. This is showing what is now considered the earliest version. A big shout out to my friend Gerry for always pushing suggestive ideas of what could be!...without you I may not have been inspired to dig deeper!
Bottle one pictured I picked up on Van isle way back some 25 years ago. I always thought it was a US bottle. Until it was suggested it may be Canadian, as they do appear in early ads.
Last year I picked up a PAT'D with AUG 22, 1921 date and a mold #10 on the base. Recently for some odd reason I pulled out the magnifier to do a close inspection on both bottles and discovered that they are from the same mold! I have done up a photo to help show a couple of the main differences.
One last note, Gerry and I had been in discussions about this bottle, me on the fence, him thoroughly convinced. But I wanted more evidence...and in April that was delivered after I followed up a market place add for a 'mold #4 no date' over in Abbotsford BC, turns out the fella I bought it from dug it on his parents property right here in Mission BC!....there's a reason these keep showing up!

1652764770262.jpeg

RCO

Reaction score
they look similar to some orange crush bottles i found swimming a few years ago off a dock here , looking thru my pictures i might of found 4 orange crush bottles back then but all had damage , really the only time i've found orange crush bottles that old here

these 2 have august 1921 dates on them , pretty sure i still have them in the garage if you want more info from them

orangecrushPC2.JPG
orangecrushPC3.JPG

Canadacan

Reaction score
Ahh yes those are the last 6oz short Crush in Canada with REG...these are not Canadian 'Ward's era but have a very close appearance.
The most noticeable difference is the size of the word 'BOTTLE' being much smaller.
The chronological order of these bottles starts how it's laid out in the photo, PAT'D then came the TMRG, and lastly the REG bottles.

I'm more specifically looking to see the PAT'D bottles...I'm sure at some point you may find one when out hunting, if you do you can compare it to the chart to see what you have.

Cheers!!!

RCO

Reaction score
Ahh yes those are the last 6oz short Crush in Canada with REG...these are not Canadian 'Ward's era but have a very close appearance.
The most noticeable difference is the size of the word 'BOTTLE' being much smaller.
The chronological order of these bottles starts how it's laid out in the photo, PAT'D then came the TMRG, and lastly the REG bottles.

I'm more specifically looking to see the PAT'D bottles...I'm sure at some point you may find one when out hunting, if you do you can compare it to the chart to see what you have.

Cheers!!!

i noticed they didn't have Pat'D but did look very similar

do see older orange crush bottles from time to time in antique malls here , never really aware there is so many minor differences

Canadacan

Reaction score
i noticed they didn't have Pat'D but did look very similar

do see older orange crush bottles from time to time in antique malls here , never really aware there is so many minor differences
Yes it's crazy how different some are...I remember a couple decades ago I never really notice most of these differences probably due to lack of bottles to compare to each other.

Jonnycrush

Reaction score
For those that never knew, in Canada there was never a Crush bottle produced with the embossed name Ward's like the USA had.
This is our version or Ward's equivalent that was from the 1920-26 or so era.
Here is an update on the Canadian 'Ward's krinkly bottle. This is showing what is now considered the earliest version. A big shout out to my friend Gerry for always pushing suggestive ideas of what could be!...without you I may not have been inspired to dig deeper!
Bottle one pictured I picked up on Van isle way back some 25 years ago. I always thought it was a US bottle. Until it was suggested it may be Canadian, as they do appear in early ads.
Last year I picked up a PAT'D with AUG 22, 1921 date and a mold #10 on the base. Recently for some odd reason I pulled out the magnifier to do a close inspection on both bottles and discovered that they are from the same mold! I have done up a photo to help show a couple of the main differences.
One last note, Gerry and I had been in discussions about this bottle, me on the fence, him thoroughly convinced. But I wanted more evidence...and in April that was delivered after I followed up a market place add for a 'mold #4 no date' over in Abbotsford BC, turns out the fella I bought it from dug it on his parents property right here in Mission BC!....there's a reason these keep showing up!

View attachment 236955
Fantastic information Ivan, I always seem to learn a ton from your posts, so please keep them coming. I too have a few Canadian wards, two mold 1’s (they are in the middle) and a mold 10 and one similar to yours with out a date, but with a apex number 6

Attachments

• 510E2D7C-8B09-4B5A-A57D-1CF1ED6F8A73.jpeg
    510E2D7C-8B09-4B5A-A57D-1CF1ED6F8A73.jpeg
    535.3 KB · Views: 88

Canadacan

Reaction score
Fantastic information Ivan, I always seem to learn a ton from your posts, so please keep them coming. I too have a few Canadian wards, two mold 1’s (they are in the middle) and a mold 10 and one similar to yours with out a date, but with a apex number 6
Thank you!....good job on those Ward's!...the #6 in apex that's the Gold!..I too have the #6 :)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp