the CHUCKLES CLEANING METHOD

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
RE: the CHUCKLES CLEANING METHODâ„¢

Thanks, Chuck and everybody else for sharing your ideas, rather than taking an oath to take the knowledge to your grave.

Adding to the suggestions of using acids, toilet bowl cleaners, etc.: it might be wise to mix your chemicals in a plastic bucket so that any heat of solution is not a risk to your bottles. If any heat is generated, let it cool to roughly the same temperature as the bottle, before pouring it in. Years ago, Daddy poured some industrial sewer solvent in the toilet, and crack goes the bowl.

hemihampton

Reaction score

ZUD would be a good substitute for Bar Keepers Friend as it contains the same ingredients. LEON.

Reaction score

I am very new to cleaning bottles (just this week, in fact). I soaked some that had serious rust stains in buckets with a mixture of 1/3 cup of Iron Out and one gallon of water. Worked great! Made the bottles a little cloudy but a good wipe down with some rubbing alcohol made them shine! I wouldn't use this on ACL bottles because the Iron Out might fade the paint. I use Iron Out on my son's filthy white baseball pants. You can find it at Wal-Mart in the cleaning supplies or in the plumbing aisle. It has a strong chemical smell so I placed the buckets outside.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi