The confusion on Locating the Location of Soda branch Bottling company Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Leep1660

Reaction score
I find it abit confusing on locating some vintage branched Bottlers Bottles from towns/ cities, not the Bottle Glass makers or main factory. Now might seem Confusing but Soda bottles bottled in the city/town had it labelled where its from but sometimes these large companies had branches to other areas to spread the name but labelled with the area of the large manufacture, NOT the other area plant which was branched. For example locally we had "Kist" in Orillia from 1947-1962 with a dozen flavours with the main plant in Stratford but all the bottles from Orillia say Stratford. See how that can be confusing when finding an Orillia Kist bottles not knowing if its from another place...another examples in my area there's Penetang Beverages that made Whistle Soda but its not labelled Penetang. Another in Collingwood is Grays Beverages which made Orange Crush (Brown Ribbed Bottle) but not marked on location... Theres probably lots of bottlers that try collect everything from the region but its hard when you come across this problem once or twice, any experiences or something similar, please post :)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's how it is for all of Canada. The local bottlers rarely put the town names on the bottle. 7 Up was the only one to do it consistently, but even then huge numbers of them weren't marked. The US collectors really lucked out that way since they have so many locally marked ones. Here you're pretty lucky to be able to find any locally marked examples from most of the brands. I don't think Orange Crush ever put local city names on their bottles in Canada. Kist I know of one example from BC but that's all I can think of.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis