The greatest bottle dump and digging experience you have had!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I really haven' been digging, or in my case, more like scratching the surface for all that long, about a year and a half now, when I am out in the wild, I'm mainly looking for beer bottles from the 30's through the early 70's, so I really don't need (or want) to have to dig anymore than I feel is necessary. I've done very well at an old farm dump on my sons property, matter of fact, I just came from there while helping him try to locate a deer he shot with his bow, of coarse I had to make a quick stop at the dump and found one more embossed Duke bottle, I've also done very well at a large dump site just down the road from me which is just a few years earlier time period than the one at my sons place. The old roadside park I went to this last week was also a very good score for what bottles I look for...... :)

bottles_inc

Reaction score
I had an enormous dump that serviced a hospital in the woods near my town. Dug it for well over a year. Found tons of blobs, a nice older pocket with a squat, tons of rare local stuff, quart sized blobs, rectangle whiskeys, finds going back to the 1860s. Dug well over 100 bottles there. It was in a grey zone on the border of a park and a forest and a wandering park maintenence guy gave me an earful, which is funny considering they don't do anything about the rampant broad daylight shellfish harvesting and serious littering (like, used diapers, cans of ravioli and piss bottles serious) but they'll tell me to scram when I was so far out that I rarely saw a soul. Hard to find dumps around me too. Oh well. Found some old stone foundations way out in the woods that I'm checking soon, hopefully it goes well. If anyone has any advice on where to look near foundations please advise away!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94