The HOLE Robbers!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BobbyCommonBottles

Reaction score
You're getting too specific here. It's common courtesy to not "cherry Pick" in the bottle digging world. I treat others how I want to be treated...what you do is your choice and your business. I dislike individuals who cherry pick. Maybe you like people who do that....but you don't seem like someone who would, which doesn't make any sense to me. Nobody really owns anything. The earth isn't owned by anyone if you want to get really spacey and specific. I'm done going back and forth on this topic...maybe someday it will happen to you...and then you might understand. Or even better....dig all day 12 feet deep, and then let me come cherry pick and keep whatever I find from it...ok? Ok.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
The law is also specific. This is a specific conversation with defined topics that you made broad to give examples. So here's my also broadening things: The Earth is owned by people with influence and paper. You may or may not own the mineral rights under your property-- if you don't own them, they can be sold to companies that kill the earth-- the ****ing Frackers. I swore only to utilize alliteration, mind you. I am Not condoning 'cherry-picking,' but I am stating my points. You may not like me, but click here to see just how much I also do not like me. Nobody seems to understand me. I make no sense. I try to speak, but it comes out as a foreign language to others. The main topic has died. I'm about to become highly depressing if I keep speaking. It's what happens when you also have Major Depressive Disorder. You'd just love the short-stories I write-- and the poetry. And if you don't know anything about fracking, here's some copied and pasted text from one of my stories that I mention fracking in:If you don't know what fracking is, you probably don't want to. Fracking is a controversial way of cheaply getting oil or gas from hard-to-obtain deposits. Up to 4,000,000 pounds of chemicals- many known to be carcinogens, endocrine disruptors, neurotoxins, acids, and even radioactive isotopes- are pumped into the ground to help shatter the earth and get the product out- these are known as proppants. Often, 90% of the proppants are left in there.These chemicals get into groundwater, and what doesn't is usually released by the companies into the environment in some other way- such as 'off-gassing' volatile organic compounds into the air. Oil and gas companies don't have to follow rules/regulations put into place to protect the environment. Nor do they have any responsibility for the damages done.Mind you, the damage doesn't just hit water and air- it hit's plants, animals, and you.Most rural areas still use ground water, and industrialized places have water-intake plants situated in reservoirs, lakes and the like. The chemicals will eventually be filtered out or diluted, but they tend to filter into more groundwater and rivers, lakes, and such as those. These chemicals often are impossible to remove through conventional filtration/purification systems.The air itself is extremely contaminated near the 'wells'- to the point where it has killed organisms in near areas, and clouds of 'colored fog' drift into people's homes. Often, these same people report that they cannot strike a match near their running faucet as it will actually ignite the natural gas that is now in their water, which was released by splitting the earth apart beneath the water table.These same people also suddenly have a sharp rise in cancers, birth defects, early death, and the like. And they have no ability to fight back against the oil and gas companies. If they do, they're silenced quickly (lawsuits.)Then, the companies leave when wells are dry and foot the bill of cleanup to the people they usually told they'd help out financially with all the money frack-pads would gain. Or just charge the government when they're feeling generous... In the end, do we even own the right to live anymore?

Johnnysoda

Reaction score
Spirit your bringing this into a whole new thing that is not needed. If he wants to do as he pleases he can, no need to work so hard to try to get him not to, Because in the end humans do what they please and that is how we got to the "Cherry Picking" topic. A rude fellow came along and decided to destroy a nice whole and now Bobby is at the unfortunate end of it. Do what you please Bobby. I hope you find the guy/gal and ask them to not do this after you have worked so hard. Happy digging!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
And you're the type of person to keep things as they are. "Do as you please!" Go look at that in history and see exactly how things have turned out. When you do whatever you want in life and have no guidelines, how do things turn out? Like Hell. But if it is pleasing to the forum, I'll shut up now. ???????????????•??•???????????I just really recommend listening to me to save yourself from a World of trouble one day. I know what I'm talking about. From my and others' experiences.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've never had this happen so not sure what your talking about, What do you mean by caving in my hole & Cherry Picking? LEON.

groundsloth

Reaction score
Seems like we've all experienced the irritation of being had by cherry pickers. I assume that any hole I dig will be cherry picked....so I try to dig as hard and fast as possible :)

hemihampton

Reaction score
groundsloth said:
Seems like we've all experienced the irritation of being had by cherry pickers. I assume that any hole I dig will be cherry picked....so I try to dig as hard and fast as possible :)

I just said I never had the experiance. LEON.

Sand_pontil

Reaction score
Government has made everything illegal these days. Big government sucks, just like this post is starting to. Aren't we way too old to be posting crap like this? Not very professional at all. That's why I like the way the ICON picture poster is set up. Eliminates all this mess that ends up on a forum.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I've experienced some minor situations like this in the past, but nothing terribly bothersome as the opportunistic scroungers just scratched around and didn't completely wreck my areas. Anyway, regarding the invasion and exploitation of one's hole, Libertarian (classical and neoclassical liberalism) philosophy holds that one's time and energy are one's own sovereign "property", and the fruits of your time, blood, sweat, and tears, even if these fruits are obtained or created without exchanging money or goods, are solely one's own. Infringement and exploitation of the fruits of one's labors without consent are thus an infringement on your core rights as an individual to freely pursue life, liberty and happiness (as opposed to "micro-slavery" where you do the work and someone else reaps the rewards), and through this lens the hole-jumping would be considered illegitimate and unethical. So to sum it up, if someone without your consent exploits your inherently finite and limited time and energy (we're all mortals after all), they are basically stealing from you. And we all know that thieves usually get what they deserve sooner or later... [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi