The MilkMan cometh...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Four hours on my u/w scooter produced more milk bottles, a very clean, scratch-free flask and a little Horlick's malted milk jar. The flask & two milks came out of the sand, the rest were mid-river, a few displaying some 'river-rash' from years of tumbling about the rocky river bottom.

Attachments

• More Milks.jpg
    More Milks.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 154

RCO

Reaction score
found the odd milk jug here but always seem to be damaged or broken , found a horlicks malted mlik in a dump here last year .

haven't made it in the water yet , considering it , have been using metal magnet , finding modern coins , did find 1 canada nickel from 1940 which was oldest coin found off that dock so far

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
found the odd milk jug here but always seem to be damaged or broken , found a horlicks malted mlik in a dump here last year .

haven't made it in the water yet , considering it , have been using metal magnet , finding modern coins , did find 1 canada nickel from 1940 which was oldest coin found off that dock so far
C'mon RCO, it's warm & sunny & the water is inviting!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
A friend of mine once caught a "river rash." Now he plays pocket pool. :rolleyes:... Nice collection. Does anyone recommend a small kayak in slow streams for bottle harvesting?

Reactions: Roy

Roy

Reaction score
A friend of mine once caught a "river rash." Now he plays pocket pool. :rolleyes:... Nice collection. Does anyone recommend a small kayak in slow streams for bottle harvesting?
Sounds like a good idea to me but in CT you probably need a bottle harvesting license and I bet there is a limit. It will stink if you have to throw some back.
Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Needless to say there is also that dreaded parental permission slip or a sealed statement from from a local notary republic instead. The (wooden) Nutmeg State is a tough nut to navigate at times. :)

Reactions: Roy

Roy

Reaction score
I have thought about the kayak idea and plan to try it in the future, I expect to wear a bathing suit and not take my phone... maybe save myself some problems. Oh , and a waterproof copy of my fishing license too.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I bought a fishing kayak to dive from a few years back, but found it to be too much of a pain to use. I think it would work well for surface harvesting though.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown