The REAL reason why they call it POP!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Yes it is. LOL!

I read the despscription and found a phrase that I have been seeing alot lately, "One of a kind". The amazing thing is that they are referring to a bottle that obviously isn't one of a kind. Is this the new "Rare" when it comes to these auctions?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
It's a little foolish to call anything made in a reuseable mold "one of a kind" isnt it?
Of course there are always exceptions but we are talking about a common hutch here.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Exactly my point. The bottle might indeed be rare; however, like you said there is a real good possiblity that anyone who would make a production mold for a bottle wouldn't make one and then throw the mold away.

tombstone

Reaction score
All discussion of rarity aside... Why does the seller list this as a "Nitroglycerin Bottle"? Nothing in the embossing indicates this is anything other than a soda/mineral water bottle.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Why does the seller list this as a "Nitroglycerin Bottle"?

That's a really good question. I have a theory. You know how old people are always telling young people stories? A lot of times they tell the truth but every once and a while they like to screw with a young person's mind just to check if the young person has any freakin common sense. This is one of those times. His grampa was screwin with his mind. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

I'd love to hear anyone else's theory.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tombstone

All discussion of rarity aside... Why does the seller list this as a "Nitroglycerin Bottle"? Nothing in the embossing indicates this is anything other than a soda/mineral water bottle.

Good point. Nirtoglycerin is quite volitile in memory serves. I also seriously doubt that it would produce the pressure to keep the cap sealed like carbonatied soda. Now imagine slamming the stopper down to open the bottle....pop...BOOM! [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94