The Rest of My 7Up Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iggyworf

Reaction score
Yes, it does have all the appearances of a real bottle, but it is only 5 inches tall, and has the other modifications I mentioned.
OK, I must have missed the 5 inch tall comment. But still the white swimsuit is rare. Very interesting.

Burkenhill

Reaction score
No embossing on the neck. Looks like there was never ACL either. As for year, we shall never know
The only Swim bottles in my collection that have no neck label (ACL or embossed) are from 1945, 1946 and 1947, though most of them are from 1945. I don't know if there was a gap in production after bottles with the embossed 7up or U7P where changed out for new bottles but perhaps they didn't have everything sorted out yet with the process of putting an ACL label on a curved AND tapering neck. In the beginning, applying an ACL was challenging on a curved surface of the bottle. Curving and sloping I understood created additional difficulties. At least that my hypothesis for no neck labels on bottles from those 3 years. Rick in B.C.
One of the most unusual "bottles" I have in my collection is this 7Up that I found in a display case in an antique shop, probably 40 years ago here in North Carolina. As you can see, it is not really a bottle, but a lot of effort went into making it. The "bottle" is 5 inches tall, and my first guess was that it was either part of a handle on a soda dispenser, or part of a display. The bottom is open, and almost looks like it is broken out, but closer examination shows that the opening is machine made, with a lip on the front portion of the hole. The crown top is partially closed off, with a small hole in the center. It seems to have probably been mounted on something, but what is interesting is that they went to the trouble of completely labeling the back of the bottle, down to a particular bottler in Asheville, North Carolina! There are some embossed patent numbers on the back heel, but they are partially hidden by glue or some other substance that I have not tried to remove. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?
Hi WJarrell,
That is a real strange one. Who knows, maybe 1 of a kind? The lady's swimsuit on the label is white, which is quite rare. The back label is closest to a #2 but has many differences. I can't see real well but I think the swim lady may be showing only 1 foot. You have a real keeper! Rick in BC

shadeone

Reaction score
The only two I have without neck labeling of any kind are from 1939 and 1946...

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 94

Bad3555

Reaction score
With all these wonderful 7up collections shown, I couldn't help but get in on the act as well to show some of my collection which is of 1953 and earlier bottles (swimsuit lady bottles). I also have collected many of the cartons over the years to put them in, including some early ones. Other than the paper label bottles on the shelf, they are all in cartons in various places around our 1950's recroom/basement. Some time ago, I lined them up along the windows for purposes of taking a picture of all of them in a single group but they aren't normally there. I don't have a Tipperary standard shape amber but I do have a San Diego amber.
Wow my friend!, what a great collection, thank you so very much for posting, absolutely love the period room (looks like how I grew up ! ) I can't stop looking at your pictures, lots of bottles cartons and carriers I've never seen before . Thanks so very much for sharing!

Bad3555

Reaction score
Hi Iggyworf,

I'm happy to, though the bubble pattern isn't totally helpful. There are the 3 bubbles shown on the left side of the logo as would typically be seen on an 8 bubble logo or bottle. the rest of the crest is effectively zoomed in and it only shows a total of 5 bubbles. I am constantly on the lookout for more information on 7up in general and can't seem to get much further than the Soda Pop book that covers many brands. I'm not sure of the age of my 7up carton/box. The only comparisons I have is a 1930's Coca-Cola box that is similar in size but slightly different handle design. In Petretti's Coca-Cola book, he displays 2 other Coke boxes beside mine and gives them an age range of 1920's - 1930's. I don't know if this box originally contained paper label bottle or ACL bottles which would help narrow dating efforts.
I've playfully taken a number of pictures of the 7up carton/box that you asked for in different places in the basement to give little hints of our collection and our 1950's themed basement. I would be interested if others would show how and where they display their passion or hobby.
I'd be in heaven to have a room like that, well done my friend! Actually it is a dream of mine to do that someday, God Willing!

Bad3555

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you my fellow 7 Up collectors but everything seems to be getting so scarce and high priced, but it still doesn't keep me from looking! Just not as easy as when I started in 1970!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac