Thinking of purchasing a bottle not sure if, the price is right.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
It was found on a construction site and he's asking 20.00 I can't find any information on it. If Anyone has an input I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827-172546.png
    Screenshot_20220827-172546.png
    863.2 KB · Views: 194

Mailman1960

Reaction score
That's what I like about it, just haven't found anything on it. He'll be back Wednesday that's the only photo I saw.
Thanks for your input.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
You better hope he still has it! $20 will be worth nothing soon, but that bottle will always have value and I guarantee it's more than $20 even now. I know it's worth more than $20 because I would pay $25 for it. Just look at it, there's a dude smoking and drinking at the same time - and he has a mustache! That can't be cheap!

Johnny M

Reaction score
It was found on a construction site and he's asking 20.00 I can't find any information on it. If Anyone has an input I would appreciate it.
Great bottle for the price. I would go for it quick. Maybe you can pick his brain for where it was dug too! Here's a fun idea...determine the language and run it all through a Google translator. Last word looks like it's a Distillery. With that info you can maybe run down where and when it could have been produced. Also, if you develop a relationship with the seller he may call you first with new finds and even tip you to spots where digging on his construction site jobs is occurring. It also appears he may be inexperienced with bottle values because in my opinion this is obviously way better than a 20 dollar pictorial stoneware bottle and if you couldn't find info then maybe he couldn't either so he's just slinging a price without any real idea of the value. I would buy it and culture an ongoing relationship if he is in excavation situations frequently where dumps can be exposed. Johnny M.

hemihampton

Reaction score
What ever happened to this Bottle? Did you Buy it? If you didn't & he still has it I'd buy it. Plus buying it might get you in good with him where you can maybe get more tips to dig & other Bottles. LEON.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
What ever happened to this Bottle? Did you Buy it? If you didn't & he still has it I'd buy it. Plus buying it might get you in good with him where you can maybe get more tips to dig & other Bottles. LEON.
Sorry forgot to follow up on that, he said he was going to give it to his sister she liked it but I think he was just testing the water to see if I would buy it at $20 and sold it for more. He doesn't know anything about bottles he got it from an excavation site he was on in the city (Chicago) I'm trying to play it down meet up with him every once in awhile mentioned I would give him a few bucks to tell me where the sites are, I'll find out the spring. I do know someone who can't dig anymore too that gets into a lot of sites in the city might get lucky, that's where all the good stuff's at.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've found lots of good Bottles from Construction sites in the big City before. LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94