Thinning out the Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm thinking I should start thinning out my collection of stuff that doesn't really fit into my areas of interest. Let me know if there's anything you're looking for, I've got a mix of all sorts of stuff. Keep in mind that I'm in Canada, so the cost of shipping out of the country could be an issue - our postal service can be quite pricey.

RCO

Reaction score
it might help if there was some pictures , I'm not really sure what I'm looking for , little overloaded with stuff rate now especially after all my swimming this summer , found a lot of common soda bottles which are taking up space and that I'd like to sell but wasn't able to have a yard sale this year due to covid , usually have a community one here in june but cancelled .

a lot of the antique stores that I sold things to in the past have also closed in recent years . and it cost a lot to ship bottles so no one wants to buy one unless its really unique and rare . so I have a lot of stuff I can't do much with at the moment taking up space in the garage .

yacorie

Reaction score
it might help if there was some pictures , I'm not really sure what I'm looking for , little overloaded with stuff rate now especially after all my swimming this summer , found a lot of common soda bottles which are taking up space and that I'd like to sell but wasn't able to have a yard sale this year due to covid , usually have a community one here in june but cancelled .

a lot of the antique stores that I sold things to in the past have also closed in recent years . and it cost a lot to ship bottles so no one wants to buy one unless its really unique and rare . so I have a lot of stuff I can't do much with at the moment taking up space in the garage .

We all have the same problem

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Pontiled bottles?
So I've got three pontil bottles. The first is Bachelor's Liquid Hair Dye No. 1
DSC_0469.JPG
DSC_0479.JPG
DSC_0484.JPG

The second is just marked "N Y.", no idea who or what made it. Might have something to do with the government of New York but I kind of doubt it.
DSC_0486.JPG
DSC_0488.JPG
DSC_0485.JPG

And third is just a bulk pharmacy bottle that would have taken a glass stopper. Not sure how old it is, might date to after the US pontil era.
DSC_0490.JPG
DSC_0491.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
There's so much it's tough to take pictures up close, here's a sampling that I took for another member on here who I sold some bottles to (not these ones). I've also got patent meds, a few US druggist bottles, ACLs, and other assorted things.
DSC_0457.JPG
DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0461.JPG
DSC_0463.JPG

new2bottles

Reaction score
I need Art Deco crown tops, like these big Canadians. I have no problem paying good money for nice bottles. Thanks.,

Attachments

• 67B100B1-C9EB-4651-A685-C9ABB30D645C.jpeg
    67B100B1-C9EB-4651-A685-C9ABB30D645C.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 322

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18