This beer bottle seams end before the neck which is somewhat twisted. Is 9 3/4 tall and has double embossing on the bottom, A B Co. Lots of bubbles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

william crosson sr.

Reaction score
Any input on origin and value would be appreciated. Near as I can find, it is by American Bottling Company.

Attachments

• IMG_20220729_111129 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220729_111129 (1).jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20220729_110240.jpg
    IMG_20220729_110240.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 62

DavidW

Reaction score
Hi William,
That's probably a "generic' beer bottle. (although some soda bottles - like for root beer or sarsparilla - that look similar to that were made in amber glass, I think that probably held beer). The A B Co mark was used on a lot of their bottles from 1905 to at least 1917 (some researchers think some A B CO bottles were made with date codes as late as the 1920s or early 1930s).

I hate to sound like I am 'splitting hairs" (sorry) but the name of the glass company was "American Bottle Company' (not "Bottling"). Most "Bottling' companies "bottled" (filled bottles with beverages such as soda, mineral water or beer). American Bottle Company actually manufactured the bottles but did not fill any with beverages.

The value is low (maybe a dollar or two) because they are still pretty common, as lots of them were made and are still around, and because the "generic" ones don't have embossing on the front/sides (but on the bottom) they are not considered to be as interesting as ones with company names, cities, states embossed on the front.

I wanted to ask you something though - can you please look very closely along the lower heel area of the bottle, sometimes there are date codes along the heel. But the lettering can be very faint and hard to see. Let us know if there is anything there.

Take care, David

william crosson sr.

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. Yes, there is a number on the lower rim, 7 5 as you said, very faint, I believe that is correct. Any thoughts on the double embossing?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu