This damn heat!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I hate it!
With temps in 90's, hiking and digging is just not wise. I'd have go pack 50 lbs of water and at no point be comfortable.

It sucks.
I just wanted to bitch lol.

Stay safe, stay hydrated.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Yeah, the heat royally sucks. I carry a back pack full of those thin plastic half gallon milk jugs full of water going in, then when I'm leaving the jugs are empty and the backpack is full of glass bottles. I squish the empty plastic jugs to make room for the treasures. The plastic also helps keep the treasure bottles from hitting each other and breaking during the hike back. Two more days and I'll be going on another of these expeditions.

Digger 57

Reaction score
I hate it!
With temps in 90's, hiking and digging is just not wise. I'd have go pack 50 lbs of water and at no point be comfortable.

It sucks.
I just wanted to bitch lol.

Stay safe, stay hydrated.
I agree 100 percent .at 65 years old the heat is just ridiculous. But I find I still can't stop digging guess what does not kill you makes us stronger . That's because us bottle diggers are tough

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
There was a little yellow record when I was a kid, it featured Jimmy Cricket from Disney singing a song that said (all together now) "I'm no fool, no siree, I want to live to be 93..." Chances are those bots will still be in the ground waiting for you when the temps are back in just double digits. :cool: Take a lesson from the MLB TX Rangers. It took them almost 40 years to get out of the heat + put in ac:)

Mailman1960

Reaction score
There was a little yellow record when I was a kid, it featured Jimmy Cricket from Disney singing a song that said (all together now) "I'm no fool, no siree, I want to live to be 93..." Chances are those bots will still be in the ground waiting for you when the temps are back in just double digits. :cool:

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I'm lucky some what, I live a block away from where I've been digging for three years but after digging a grave and getting a rusty spoon,Dr Price Flavoring X and ringing out my shirt. There's a fine line between well. Oh I walked in the the door and the wife said man your filthy.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi