This damn heat!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
A least she didn't make you come in an alternate entrance... No really, my Mrs. never ... well, there is always that one time. Really.;)

Reactions: Roy

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent .at 65 years old the heat is just ridiculous. But I find I still can't stop digging guess what does not kill you makes us stronger . That's because us bottle diggers are tough
If I had a spot I could just drive to, and walk a short distance, I wouldn't be quite so bitchy.

I don't even have a "good" spot at the moment.

The places I'm looking at, have 2-10 miles involved, through thick woods.

Went to check out a potential site today (only 88° lol), 5 miles total, a sea of stinging nettles and have nothing to show for it..

Soaked!!!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
If I had a spot I could just drive to, and walk a short distance, I wouldn't be quite so bitchy.

I don't even have a "good" spot at the moment.

The places I'm looking at, have 2-10 miles involved, through thick woods.

Went to check out a potential site today (only 88° lol), 5 miles total, a sea of stinging nettles and have nothing to show for it..

Soaked!!!
Not to far behind ya, my route is 10 miles every day, come home eat and say what the hell I might as well dig a 2-3 hrs and come back with oh nothing sometimes. Oh life is grand.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Not to far behind ya, my route is 10 miles every day, come home eat and say what the hell I might as well dig a 2-3 hrs and come back with oh nothing sometimes. Oh life is grand.

It's nice to get out and enjoy nature, but I wrang ONE of my shirts out three separate times before I put on a spare.

Got all scratched up and exhausted for nothing.

Gotta pay to play though..

Digger 57

Reaction score
It's nice to get out and enjoy nature, but I wrang ONE of my shirts out three separate times before I put on a spare.

Got all scratched up and exhausted for nothing.

Gotta pay to play though..
Just remember guys if you want bottles you have to do an go where other people do not.i hate hot weather but while some people sit in air-conditioning we find bottles they don't. 1

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Just remember guys if you want bottles you have to do an go where other people do not.i hate hot weather but while some people sit in air-conditioning we find bottles they don't. 1
The only thing stopping me is frozen ground, even tried that can't be done by hand.

Roy

Reaction score
I hate it!
With temps in 90's, hiking and digging is just not wise. I'd have go pack 50 lbs of water and at no point be comfortable.

It sucks.
I just wanted to bitch lol.

Stay safe, stay hydrated.
Hi Newtothiss,
My plan was to head out early last Sunday hike roughly 2 miles through the woods to a dump that I had seen but never dug in. Saturday night my daughter informed me one of my neighbors had just seen a mountain lion right in that area. We do get them passing thru every once in a while in CT. I have no desire to see one out in the woods alone, so between the heat and humidity and a possible mountain lion I decided to take the day off. Better days are coming.
Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Roy,
"There are no ( __) in CT." Baloney! A while back I saw a mt. lion that walked right in front of my truck (live near I-91 high ground). I'll never forget that long rope like tail. (Now a [home] Panthers fan in the NHL.) Once in a while we get bears too (but my NFL allegiance is already spoken for.)

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Roy,
"There are no ( __) in CT." Baloney! A while back I saw a mt. lion that walked right in front of my truck (live near I-91 high ground). I'll never forget that long rope like tail. (Now a [home] Panthers fan in the NHL.) Once in a while we get bears too (but my NFL allegiance is already spoken for.)
The BEAR'S will take out Panthers anytime

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky