This damn heat!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
No argument. Its always football season! I can't wait for '22's games to begin (and have my hopes dashed :rolleyes: .) Good luck everyone. --Redskin Len

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Hi Newtothiss,
My plan was to head out early last Sunday hike roughly 2 miles through the woods to a dump that I had seen but never dug in. Saturday night my daughter informed me one of my neighbors had just seen a mountain lion right in that area. We do get them passing thru every once in a while in CT. I have no desire to see one out in the woods alone, so between the heat and humidity and a possible mountain lion I decided to take the day off. Better days are coming.
Roy
The good Lord invented large caliber pistols and "pistols" for a reason...

I don't let bears and cougars interfere with my plans lol.

Reactions: Roy

Roy

Reaction score
The good Lord invented large caliber pistols and "pistols" for a reason...

I don't let bears and cougars interfere with my plans lol.
Bears don't really bother me, unless of course its momma with cubs, big kitty's are another thing... especially with all the leaves on now. Just about every time I have stepped in the woods this year I have seen at least 1 deer. It shouldn't surprise me we have cougars around now. I will be carrying from now on and keeping an eye out....
Roy

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Bears don't really bother me, unless of course its momma with cubs, big kitty's are another thing... especially with all the leaves on now. Just about every time I have stepped in the woods this year I have seen at least 1 deer. It shouldn't surprise me we have cougars around now. I will be carrying from now on and keeping an eye out....
Roy
I only start to get spooked when I hear something (leaves and branches) that stops right after I stop..

Bears are terrifying, but as you said, without cubs involved, not too much of a threat..

Big cats on the other hand.... horse of a different color.

Honestly, cougars scare the shit outta me. I've seen the scat and tracks plenty, but life is too short to be scared lol.

Just be prepared, whatever happens, happens..

Bohdan

Reaction score
I hate it!
With temps in 90's, hiking and digging is just not wise. I'd have go pack 50 lbs of water and at no point be comfortable.

It sucks.
I just wanted to bitch lol.

Stay safe, stay hydrated.
...and then there's the guys who have to work out there. The framers, the roofers, the farmers, the loggers, the folks fighting the wildfires and many many more.
kwityerbellyakin

Reactions: Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
We (diggers) didn't start the fire, it was already burning. --B. Joel

Daily (Sometimes Comical) Comment Award- "kwityerbellyakin" by Bohdan, given unanimously.

There is a coyote problem in my area too. They chase even the fastest and carry 2nd quality weaponry made by the Acme Co. --Beep Beep. ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum