This damn heat!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roy

Reaction score
Up in MA the water level in the Charles is super low, makes it easier to swim for bottles but sometimes the water is uncomfortably hot. Some parts of the Charles are barely a trickle. Launching into another week of 90 degree days.
Hi FRA
I'm a little southwest of you in CT.
I can deal with the heat but we really do need rain. I didn't expect to be saying that after all the rainy days this spring.
Better get out there now before the hurricane season gets started though...
Happy hunting... Roy

Newtothiss

Reaction score
One other unfortunate thing the heat and lack of rain has caused..
Ground conditions!

I was digging a site the other day and it was like concrete!
I broke a dozen ACLs (30's-50's) before I decided to call it quits.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hey Free Range,

Ok, Your eastern MA drought is worse than our's in central Conn. I'm going to check at least one hopeful site near me for markedly decreased water level maybe about the same time. Good luck and keep "loving that dirty water." (And Sweet Caroline!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy

Roy

Reaction score
Hey Free Range,

Ok, Your eastern MA drought is worse than our's in central Conn. I'm going to check at least one hopeful site near me for markedly decreased water level maybe about the same time. Good luck and keep "loving that dirty water." (And Sweet Caroline!)
Hi Len,
Pretty danm dry around my area last weekend too so we can't be far behind them.
I heard a rumor that you were going to have a table at the show in Poughkeepsie on Sunday... is that right?
Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Roy!
It seems the rumors of my Poughkeepsie appearance have been exaggerated.--Sorry, no "Pa Pa Poughkeepsie."(Seinfield) .. I am in Deep River tomorrow (Sat.) with about only half a set up of glass/ceramic--a mixed bag venue in lower Middlesex County, not far from the shoreline. Drop by and get the Online Bottle Club CT Digger Special Surprise :):rolleyes: .

Dry, Oh Yes. We put out some melon rinds for the critters (along with water) and watch the show just before dusk. Birds, squirrels, rabbits, occasional deer and at night the racoons, skunks, a woodchuck, and stray cats:cool: (non-Aussie locals) drop by. Dryness digging still not a big problem where I am, just the ticks. I hope they come out with that vax soon. Stay well.
-- Len

Reactions: Roy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado