Thoughts and results from my homemade tumbler.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
It works fine and this is after a day and a half. It is a lot of work and time tumbling bottles if you have good bottles I suppose it would be worth it. This particular bottle I just wanted to make a presentable , painted and it should display nice. My guess is before tumbling maybe a $10 bottle after tumbling painted maybe 20-25?

Attachments

• IMG_20230101_225046_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230101_225046_HDR.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20221218_104031_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221218_104031_HDR.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20221210_222847_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221210_222847_HDR.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 108

hemihampton

Reaction score
You should of run it at least another day & a half. 3 days minimum. One guy in here sez he runs his bottles for 3 weeks. which I thought was excessive. You say alot of work & time tumbling bottles. I know, I've done many. BUT, I had one guy I was tumbling a bottle for told me it was easy & that I don't have to do any work because the tumbler does all the work. Kinda pissed me off he was so clueless, made me feel like my time,work & effort was not appreciated or realized. LEON.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
You should of run it at least another day & a half. 3 days minimum. One guy in here sez he runs his bottles for 3 weeks. which I thought was excessive. You say alot of work & time tumbling bottles. I know, I've done many. BUT, I had one guy I was tumbling a bottle for told me it was easy & that I don't have to do any work because the tumbler does all the work. Kinda pissed me off he was so clueless, made me feel like my time,work & effort was not appreciated or realized. LEON.
There was someone on the site one time finding 20 rare bottles a day, right. I realize it takes longer but for a common bottle I'm just looking at making a presentable. I have several doubles and planning on making one nice as possible 2-3 days, put them next to each other to show this is what it could look like. I just got a kick out of making the darn thing and see the results. I don't think it cost much more than $20 $30 to make it and hey it was fun.

Reactions: Roy

hemihampton

Reaction score
When you say finding 20 rare bottles a day what does that mean? where'd he find them? Whats that have to do with tumbling? Confused?

Mailman1960

Reaction score
When you say finding 20 rare bottles a day what does that mean? where'd he find them? Whats that have to do with tumbling? Confused?
This is why I don't like messaging You said somebody, said it's not hard the machine does all the work. It just remind me of someone found a bottle plant that's pulling out 20 bottles a day and all of a sudden nothing. You sounded a little offended by the tumbling comment but you have to take things with a grain of salt sometimes.

hemihampton

Reaction score
oh, ok, just got kinda confused by the sudden topic switch. Not offended, I just wondered if you meant Tumbling when you said finding. now adays everybody typing on their phone & some stupid autocorrect changes all their words & they don't proof read & their comments come out all mumbo jumbo mixed up & needs deciphering? I'm on a computer, no auto correct stuff so I misspell on my own. LEON.

Roy

Reaction score
LEON,
I had to chuckle when I read your comment about the clueless guy.
As a do it yourself kinda guy I always appreciate it when someone puts real effort, time, money and actual work into almost any project. Everything looks easy when someone else is doing it.
Lol, I've never dug a single privy but it looks super easy when I see a picture of you 15 feet down in a hole... Must be almost effortless... right?
Roy

Mailman1960

Reaction score
LEON,
I had to chuckle when I read your comment about the clueless guy.
As a do it yourself kinda guy I always appreciate it when someone puts real effort, time, money and actual work into almost any project. Everything looks easy when someone else is doing it.
Lol, I've never dug a single privy but it looks super easy when I see a picture of you 15 feet down in a hole... Must be almost effortless... right?
Roy
Just like a walk in the park on a sunny day.

Reactions: Roy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi