Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Thoughts?

Nickneff

Jan 6, 2021
Back in the hole for me. I can't even get $1 for them.
I don't throw anything back in the hole it goes I'm on the fence roll good target practice I shoot them with my gun I'm good with it too I'm like Billy the Kid LOL hoorah

Bohdan

Jan 14, 2019
Slocan Valley, BC
You guys have been awesome, I appreciate the information about the last bottle I posted. Any idea on this one? I have found probably about a half a dozen of these. Quite heavy and solid. So it’s really no surprise they survived being at the bottom of the ocean/river for so long.

My thoughts are some sort of wine bottle. One of them even had a portion of the cork still inside.
You guys have been awesome, I appreciate the information about the last bottle I posted. Any idea on this one? I have found probably about a half a dozen of these. Quite heavy and solid. So it’s really no surprise they survived being at the bottom of the ocean/river for so long.

My thoughts are some sort of wine bottle. One of them even had a portion of the cork still inside.
My best guess from the shape and deep punt says "champagne". Th applied strap top and slight bevel at the lip says late 19th or early 20th C..
They have great value if you have the wit to see it.
Using old bottles for target practice because you lack the imagination to appreciate a 100+ year old artifacts should find another hobby.

My best guess from the shape and deep punt says "champagne". The applied strap top and slight bevel at the lip points to late 19th or early 20th C..
They have great value if you have the wit to see it.
Using old bottles for target practice because you lack the imagination to appreciate them says to me that you should find another hobby. Find something that is all about money. Try the stock market.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilfox84