Threw away sooo many bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
They were not anything super special or rare, but today I loaded 30+ bottles from the 1910's-1930's into a dump bound trailer.

They were not embossed, but were 16oz+ and various browns and greens (I keep weird/rare colors)..

Just didn't have room for em'.
I've tossed so many bottles in the process of moving, it sucks..

I just needed to bitch lol.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing the same thing, not using a truck but 5 of these this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20220911_233152_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220911_233152_HDR.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 76

Roy

Reaction score
They were not anything super special or rare, but today I loaded 30+ bottles from the 1910's-1930's into a dump bound trailer.

They were not embossed, but were 16oz+ and various browns and greens (I keep weird/rare colors)..

Just didn't have room for em'.
I've tossed so many bottles in the process of moving, it sucks..

I just needed to bitch lol.
I've been doing the same thing.
A lot more selective of what comes home too.
Roy

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I've been doing the same thing.
A lot more selective of what comes home too.
Roy
This is my third year of digging, probably like everyone else was keeping everything I found. Took three home the other day and after cleaning, kept one.

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_190835.jpg
    IMG_20220909_190835.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Roy

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Just remember that future people will dig the landfills one day and find the bottles again. I would have fun with this and write a few messages on some scraps of paper and seal them in the bottles. Write something to give the future people something to think about, like say you're trapped on your roof during a flood and longing for rescue, the message in the bottle being your last hope.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Just remember that future people will dig the landfills one day and find the bottles again. I would have fun with this and write a few messages on some scraps of paper and seal them in the bottles. Write something to give the future people something to think about, like say you're trapped on your roof during a flood and longing for rescue, the message in the bottle being
I'd rather just drink more, and use em' for target practice lol.

But, due to the ever increasing price of everything, I may have to settle for messages and whatnot..

DavidW

Reaction score
Have you tried giving them away to:

1) People putting on yard sales

2) Flea market dealers

3) Thrift stores

or, 4) Placing by the curb with a "FREE" sign (include the words "Antique bottles" on the sign)

Even a very common bottle that is close to 100 years old might be the "bait" that piques the interest of a new collector. Just my opinion.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Have you tried giving them away to:

1) People putting on yard sales

2) Flea market dealers

3) Thrift stores

or, 4) Placing by the curb with a "FREE" sign (include the words "Antique bottles" on the sign)

Even a very common bottle that is close to 100 years old might be the "bait" that piques the interest of a new collector. Just my opinion.
I just leave them out there now. Down sized to a condo.

eddeeeddee

Reaction score
Just remember that future people will dig the landfills one day and find the bottles again. I would have fun with this and write a few messages on some scraps of paper and seal them in the bottles. Write something to give the future people something to think about, like say you're trapped on your roof during a flood and longing for rescue, the message in the bottle being your last hope.
I like that Idea of notes in the bottle That is something I would do. I can't imagine people in a 100 years from now all gathering around in aw of their 2022 Natural Ice beer bottle they just dug and 'look its got a partial label you can almost read it ' lol

UnderMiner

Reaction score
I like that Idea of notes in the bottle That is something I would do. I can't imagine people in a 100 years from now all gathering around in aw of their 2022 Natural Ice beer bottle they just dug and 'look its got a partial label you can almost read it ' lol
To be honest I'm sometimes in awe of bottles from as recent as the 1980's and 90's so people in the 2040's may find bottles from the 2020's and appreciate them. But a person in the year 2120 finding a bottle from 2022 will have historical perspective we curently don't have. They will probably look at it and say, "wow, a bottle from before the rise of Emperor Plexalmox, before the Venaldian invasions of 2035, those people were so lucky to be alive back then back when Earth was still ruled by humans."

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora