Threw away sooo many bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Underminer et al,

I like the sentiment. However, I wonder if the majority of people will be capable of reading in say, 200 years. They'll probably babble something like "Look, a glass bottle with strange marks on the paper inside. Dam, I left my scanner home. However, I saw one like it in the museum. That bottle is from the time about when they stopped teaching cursive in schools and Empress M. T. Greene made everyone eat off her "peach tree dishes.";)

Last edited:

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Have you tried giving them away to:

1) People putting on yard sales

2) Flea market dealers

3) Thrift stores

or, 4) Placing by the curb with a "FREE" sign (include the words "Antique bottles" on the sign)

Even a very common bottle that is close to 100 years old might be the "bait" that piques the interest of a new collector. Just my opinion.
Don't even have the time for any that

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hey Newtothiss et al,

I like your numbered option approach. Always good to have choice options. Just look at the cereal aisle. Mmmm cereal--tastes like America! :)

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Hey Newtothiss et al,

I like your numbered option approach. Always good to have choice options. Just look at the cereal aisle. Mmmm cereal--tastes like America! :)
I'm a creature of habit.

I eat 1 (2, tops) cereal.

If I had llimitless space and time, I'd keep most everything. I really enjoy some of the stuff I find/dig up.

Life....

Reactions: Len

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I'm a creature of habit.

I eat 1 (2, tops) cereal.

If I had llimitless space and time, I'd keep most everything. I really enjoy some of the stuff I find/dig up.

Life....
I'm thinking, suggestions are nice but you need to do what you need to do.
You dug them they're yours.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I'm thinking, suggestions are nice but you need to do what you need to do.
You dug them they're yours.
Indeed.

It does bum me out though.
I like least selling the stuff I don't want or have room for..

But I don't even have the time right now...

It's all just so unfortunate

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Indeed.

It does bum me out though.
I like least selling the stuff I don't want or have room for..

But I don't even have the time right now...

It's all just so unfortunate
Don't be so down on your self, some how you got in to digging firkin bottles. You'll come up with something else.
Diggers= toughness

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I pitched a few box loads of bottles quite a while ago as I tried to focus on Packie style beer bottles, to most here even those are nothing they want. I like to ID them if possible if any label remains, if no label left I find period correct labels for them. These are for my own personal collection so I don't care. If I ever tried to sell them I'd list them as such. It's also the reason I keep most beer/soda bottle slicks. Even the Packie bottles are not that easy to come by it seams lately, even when I find them it's only a few and it keeps the amount of bottles I bring home no where near what I brought home when getting started collecting. Even on my yesterdays dig I brought home stuff I normally wouldn't mainly because I didn't find any of the bottle types I wanted, and only one Owens made soda/mixer bottle that dates during prohibition.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I pitched a few box loads of bottles quite a while ago as I tried to focus on Packie style beer bottles, to most here even those are nothing they want. I like to ID them if possible if any label remains, if no label left I find period correct labels for them. These are for my own personal collection so I don't care. If I ever tried to sell them I'd list them as such. It's also the reason I keep most beer/soda bottle slicks. Even the Packie bottles are not that easy to come by it seams lately, even when I find them it's only a few and it keeps the amount of bottles I bring home no where near what I brought home when getting started collecting. Even on my yesterdays dig I brought home stuff I normally wouldn't mainly because I didn't find any of the bottle types I wanted, and only one Owens made soda/mixer bottle that dates during prohibition.
What are Packie style beers?

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
What are Packie style beers?
203482-1217ebccb57a69d31f6af876d7d9f2fc.jpg
203681-48e046e5489b318869e75cfd3dc58a5c.jpg
203485-8ca672b17d475696f766c069f13d925d.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics