Threw away sooo many bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Don't be so down on your self, some how you got in to digging firkin bottles. You'll come up with something else.
Diggers= toughness
I got into it on accident..
But I'm glad I did!

Between metal detecting, bottle digging and hiking/exploring, I'M A HAPPY CAMPER!!

And YES! We're some tough SOBs! Lol

Reactions: Roy

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I pitched a few box loads of bottles quite a while ago as I tried to focus on Packie style beer bottles, to most here even those are nothing they want. I like to ID them if possible if any label remains, if no label left I find period correct labels for them. These are for my own personal collection so I don't care. If I ever tried to sell them I'd list them as such. It's also the reason I keep most beer/soda bottle slicks. Even the Packie bottles are not that easy to come by it seams lately, even when I find them it's only a few and it keeps the amount of bottles I bring home no where near what I brought home when getting started collecting. Even on my yesterdays dig I brought home stuff I normally wouldn't mainly because I didn't find any of the bottle types I wanted, and only one Owens made soda/mixer bottle that dates during prohibition.
What is "Packie" style?

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I'm off t
YEEEEE HAWWWWWW!

(I don't think I've drank enough to talk that way...)
I'm off tomorrow, I'm on my way to drop off some beer bottles to be painted.
It just so happens I have to drop them off at a bar. Remember you don't have to drink to have a good time.
RIGHT!!!!!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
For a serious "Yeee hawwww", you need some drinks.

Reactions: Roy

Mailman1960

Reaction score
What is "Packie" style?
I pitched a few box loads of bottles quite a while ago as I tried to focus on Packie style beer bottles, to most here even those are nothing they want. I like to ID them if possible if any label remains, if no label left I find period correct labels for them. These are for my own personal collection so I don't care. If I ever tried to sell them I'd list them as such. It's also the reason I keep most beer/soda bottle slicks. Even the Packie bottles are not that easy to come by it seams lately, even when I find them it's only a few and it keeps the amount of bottles I bring home no where near what I brought home when getting started collecting. Even on my yesterdays dig I brought home stuff I normally wouldn't mainly because I didn't find any of the bottle types I wanted, and only one Owens made soda/mixer bottle that dates during prohibition.
[/
QUOTE]
To me it's about being away from B.S. I'm not looking for a particular thing. If I find something I like I bring it home clean it up, keep it or bring it back and pitch in a different area. I'm lucky to have a daughter that likes looking them up and knows she's going to have to deal with
them.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado