Tiffany & Allen

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Csa

Reaction score
Nice bottle Robby. Epackage, I think you sold some Patterson milks to my neighbor Mark!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I know some members will hate me for this but it looks orange amber. I know amber is amber but if amber could be orange this one definitely is.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Oh no, amber is definitely NOT just amber. I just picked up an ink from Jeff Noordsy and he has several spectacular and decidedly different amber bottles, including a stunning smaller size whiskey barrel in what his wife calls the color of a brand new penny. He also had an amber flask that was decidedly yellow at the top, moving to a darker brilliant amber near the base. If you hunt him down on facebook you'lll see the listing for the whiskey, although I think it's closed now as he said he had a buyer. The color was even better in person. And there are definitely ambers out there that reach into the orange spectrum. And some of the stoddard is decidedly olive amber, with varying degrees of olive there, everywhere from a boring almost flat amber to a VERY greenish amber.

Jim G

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Oh no, amber is definitely NOT just amber. I just picked up an ink from Jeff Noordsy and he has several spectacular and decidedly different amber bottles, including a stunning smaller size whiskey barrel in what his wife calls the color of a brand new penny. He also had an amber flask that was decidedly yellow at the top, moving to a darker brilliant amber near the base. If you hunt him down on facebook you'lll see the listing for the whiskey, although I think it's closed now as he said he had a buyer. The color was even better in person. And there are definitely ambers out there that reach into the orange spectrum. And some of the stoddard is decidedly olive amber, with varying degrees of olive there, everywhere from a boring almost flat amber to a VERY greenish amber.

Jim G
Thanks for reply. When is amber not amber, when is aqua not aqua. I'm sure this could start a heated debate. Oh yeah and thanks for the Jeff Noordsy lead. I will check his stuff out.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky