Tips on Making and Aging New Labels

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
I recently found a 12-ounce amber beer bottle in a 1930s to 1940s dump. I wasn't planning on taking it at first, but I had the idea to apply a new label to it. I'm not sure what kind of paper I should print it on (as I don't want to ruin an original label), or how to age it. The bottle itself is in rough shape, and I want to reflect that on the label. Any information will help. Thank you!

Last edited:

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Fake probably wasn't the right word to use. I plan on using the bottle as a decoration, not as a way to scam anyone. Sorry if that's how it sounded.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
HunterThe Fox59,

Nothing wrong if its for a collector's own private use. I think we all have a few bots that beg for an original label so that they could move up nearer the front display line.
--Like your display graphic. Have one or two CC bots but with a different label and spent a few years in Springfield. Miss the S. Hadley Fleas.:( --Big E in three weeks! :cool:

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
HunterThe Fox59,

Nothing wrong if its for a collector's own private use. I think we all have a few bots that beg for an original label so that they could move up nearer the front display line.
--Like your display graphic. Have one or two CC bots but with a different label and spent a few years in Springfield. Miss the S. Hadley Fleas.:( --Big E in three weeks! :cool:
Thank you, Len! If possible, and not too much of a hassle, could you reply with a photo of the Country Club bottles in your collection? I collect Country Club, and I have an online album of bottles I have and don't have, and I use it as a reference. I'd really appreciate it.

-Hunter

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Hunter,
Sorry, It/They're in deep storage. Its going to be some time before I can dig them out. If memory serves, the green, quart size ginger ale comes to mind with a fairly large graphic of a female golfer on the paper label. Probably pretty common. I'll keep you in mind when the bot(s) resurface. I also have a few Kappy's bottles! ;)

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Hi Hunter,
Sorry, It/They're in deep storage. Its going to be some time before I can dig them out. If memory serves, the green, quart size ginger ale comes to mind with a fairly large graphic of a female golfer on the paper label. Probably pretty common. I'll keep you in mind when the bot(s) resurface. I also have a few Kappy's bottles! ;)
That's okay, Len, I still appreciate you leaving the comment. I do have a bottle in my collection that matches your description, and I was wondering if this was the one you have.
20181005_072710.JPG

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Hunter,
Definitely not this one. This example looks almost '60s ish. Think mine was more late '40s or '50s, the lady golfer's body was entirely there. --Len

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Thanks, Len! This bottle is indeed from the mid-60s, around 1965-67. I've seen several advertisements from the 30s-50s featuring labeled quart bottles. I also have a picture of this bottle, that was found on the Facebook marketplace under sold items.

-Hunter

Screenshot_20220820-171521.png
Screenshot 2022-08-28 10.10.41 PM.png

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Yo! Hunter,
The one in the b+ w ad might be it. I know mine didn't have a yellow label like in the larger pic and the golfer was def. a female. If I remember correctly, that was a thing because lady golfers were still frowned upon by some. Possibly the owner of the company was instrumental in getting a lady golfer on the label for this reason. ...Have to run. Drop a line anytime. Thanks. --CT, (Missing Greater Springfield) Len

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado