Today’s Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
If I remember:D, the Pluto Water "devil" was based on some old, empowered, legendary, figure. Perhaps he had anti-dirt/stain, or cleaning prowess as Pluto Water was a clothes washing product.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Found an intact aqua Pluto when working at the Cane River Creole National Historical Park in Natchez, LA in 1999. We were digging footing holes preparatory to rebuilding brick piers that supported the "Doctor's Barn" on the old plantation.

John Wayne walks through the front gate of the plantation in "The Horse Soldiers" movie. The fence was authentic, but Wayne was not satisfied with appearance of the 1959 wire gate, so the picket gate in the movie is a prop. Exterior shot is actual Oakland Plantation, but interiors are Hollywood sets.

The beds of the little flower garden between gate and porch are bordered with mostly antique bottles, though later ones were added as replacements for ones broken. Thus, according to the National Park Service, the bottles span 200 years of production.

View attachment 237483
Wow Willong! Thanks for sharing your story. A real piece of Western movie history. Cool beans. ...Somewhere I have a shot when the Duke came to Boston in the early 1970s to pick up his Hasty Pudding Award at Havard. He rode down the street atop an armored personnel carrier!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
If I remember:D, the Pluto Water "devil" was based on some old, empowered, legendary, figure. Perhaps he had anti-dirt/stain, or cleaning prowess as Pluto Water was a clothes washing product.
I just looked it up, Pluto is the Roman god of the underworld, since Pluto Water is a mineral water which comes from underground. And it was a laxative, not a cleaning product.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I haven't found one of these in a while, BUT, Coincidently Yesterday after they tore a house down by my workplace, I checked out the dirt piles in back by the Alley where the Bottles are usually found, only found a intact Ketchup & left it behind but I did find lots of broken pieces/shards. one piece was the bottom half of a bottle, could not see or read any embossing, wondered what it was, I look at the Bottom & what do I see? A little Devil starring at me. I chuckled & thought of this post. LEON.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I sit corrected! Although, the user was "cleaned out." ;) Thx. CanadianBottles. ...Good Lord, why were people of this time period so blocked up? Seems like a plethora of castor and cod liver oil products were present.:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky