Today at the Flea

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Just go back as soon as the snow recedes, and you may find some fallen poles or insulators on the ground as you walk near it. And if you do see one on the ground, then you can think about what to do. I recommend using binoculars to try and figure out if it's worth going after just by shape alone. Not sure you could read any embossing with binoculars.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The problem with that is that they're located between two railroad tracks that are very heavily used - one line with a commuter train and the other one of the main passenger/freight lines in the region. I'm thinking that's why they haven't been taken yet, because it's so difficult to access without getting seen - or hit by a train. I was just looking at that area on Street View and it looks like even though from a train it appears easy to access, from the streets it's much less so - surrounded by highway spaghetti and industrial warehouses.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
With me, I just walk on land wherever if no used structure is nearby. As for the tracks, that's where at my other house I'd spend hours of my week on. As for commuter trains, schedules are easy to find, and by estimating speed you can figure out where they'll be. Freight schedules, eh-- I have no idea. Ours are irregular. The highways are difficult, but I cross and ride down them by bike. Shoulder for riding, of course. Sometimes it's the only way into another town. I'm a cyclist. Or was till my bike got smashed and my mom's bike fell apart. Just don't enter into warehouses or go near the buildings. Don't sneak around them either. I'm pretty blunt in most things now days, and that makes me seem less suspicious.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Nice ones! Picked up much of the same today near Memphis. I will post tomorrow , the difference , found four brown porcelain , all different! But the others are twins to those in the photo.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Pinco's? As a birthday present to me (it's on Sunday,) I picked up 2 bottles at the antique-store today. One local I hadn't seen before.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp