Today is our "Opener" for deer season

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wangan

Reaction score
I WAS ALWAYS TOO QUICK TO SHOOT AT WHAT EVER MOVED..NOT GOOD.

ACTUALLY YOU WOULD MAKE A GREAT BIRD HUNTER JAMIE! WHEN A GROUSE TAKES OFF RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU,THERE ISNT MUCH TIME TO EVEN THINK.IVE MISSED MANY BECAUSE THEY JUMPED THE DAYLIGHTS OUTTA ME![:D]

Wangan

Reaction score
Thanks Joe.I traded an old 20ga.dbl bbl to my brother for an old 12ga. with a few serious dings in the barrel.He was always the bird enthusiast of us and I figured he deserved to have it anyway.I use a Mossberg pump 12ga.,but dont go as much as Id like.

Wangan

Reaction score
Well Stephen,looks like you have a sweet set up! Im gonna have to fix up a warmer like that,great idea! If I dont have a thermos of hot coffee,Ill shake the snow right off the branches!

logueb

Reaction score
Great post Wangan. Deer hunter myself. Though I just don't have the time to do any serious hunting. I use to have a lot of places to hunt but times change. People are just not as willing to give permission as they once were. But we have a large population of deer here in Georgia. I think the limit is now up to 12 deep per person. Most I ever killed in one season was 5. Processed them myself. Quite a job and you really have to be set up to do it, but the quality of the meat is worth the effort. Good luck on your hunt. The 12 limit includes 10 does, and I hunt strictly for the venison from the does. The guy that invites me to hunt a few times each year has a limit on the size of the rack on bucks,but that suites me just fine. Oh, and I shoot a Model 94 Winchester 30/30 side mounted scope. Most of the hunting I do is short distance brush hunting, so it works just fine for that. Buster

mr.fred

Reaction score
Tim---nice pictures[:)]-----around my neck of the woods---here on the Indian Reservation they can hunt all year round-----even Spot Light if they want(which) they do all the time.My Indian friends will give me meat if i want[8|]----but i lost the taste for it many moons ago[:D]. Stay Safe------hope you get a Trophy one. I have not hunted since i got out of the Marines-----i have had my fill of guns[&o]-----but that's just me. Fred.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
This year's models comes pre-equipped with a warmer so you don't have to sit in the cold.
Steve, did you ask for a license or just report her/him.
I don't hunt but my brother got his first during muzzle season. He's out most as he can for the rifle now.

Wangan

Reaction score
Hey Bruce.We are in a no doe zone lately in my area and everywhere else is bucks only.We can get one deer with a rifle and two with a bow if you enter the extended bow season ranges.Muzzleloading season is last but for only those who havent already tagged out.We still get some 230+ lb. deer but that is seldom these days.Driving deer is not allowed and I have a feeling this is where they have all gone.The 30-30 Win. is perfect for brush and its what I learned to hunt with.My field gun is a .308 Browning semi-auto,(older model Belgian),many today are Japanese.

Wangan

Reaction score
Thanks Fred.I almost quit hunting as a kid because of my fathers "Safety" lessons.Im sure glad he gave them to me now.

I have seen two trophies in my hunting experiences,neither which I got.Hopefully the third one will pay for all.My personal best so far is an eight point 187 lb.er,so my next goal is at least 200.lbs.I love the outdoors,so getting a deer is the cherry on top.Besides,I get a kick out of watching the wildlife and the antics they sometimes get into!

jays emporium

Reaction score
Texas rifle season starts tomorrow. I'm hunting a public wildlife area opening weekend. We have to pay $125. for a permit to hunt there, money due in July. It is 20,000 acres and they issue 100 permits for each of 4 hunt weekends. I put my tripod stand out this morning and will hunt Sat and Sun and then take it down. Had to wade through water up to 18" deep to get to my hunt area. Water came over the top of my rubber boots, tomorrow I'll wear the hip waders.
Jay

logueb

Reaction score
Last year on my friend's land I watched a Bobcat for close to an hour as it hunted in the broom sage. It walked into the broom sage clearing within 50 feet of the ladder stand, never knew that I was there. What a time not to have the little camera that I carry around. I watched as he stalked what I took to be a field mouse and suddenly pounced on its prey. Yep, watching the wildlife can sometimes be a thrill. Happy hunting. Buster

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18