Today is our "Opener" for deer season

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wangan

Reaction score
Good luck Jay.I hope you get one of those "Piebald" Mulies.Ive seen some awesome deer pictures from Texas.
I hate wet feet.Period.Hip waders are the ticket!

Wangan

Reaction score
Your lucky to have seen a Bobcat up close Buster.They are about as cautious an animal as I have ever seen.When hungry enough they will take down a full grown deer.I watched a young fox pounce on something on the edge of a field not far away once.I figured it was a mouse but it must have gotten away because the fox came up empty pawed.

I do make a habit of carrying my camera now because many times with the old camera,the pictures looked terrible.

Wangan

Reaction score
My wife got her deer last night.A nice little spike horn.I havent weighed it,but Id guess around 110-120 lbs.(pics later).Some sweet eatin fah shoah!

The guys at work used to tease me about my wife getting her deer and "out hunting me" if I didnt get mine.Id say it tastes pretty good no matter who gets it.[:D]

Wangan

Reaction score
Entrance hole under the left eye,exit out the neck.I guess the rifle is off to the right and a bit low.[:D] No wasted meat there.She dumped him right in his tracks.I hate to see an animal suffer and this one never even knew what hit him.I told her not to get too cocky and maybe pick a little bigger target next time,but what to heck,at about 30 yards it was a piece of cake for mumma and her .270 Remington.

Good luck to all you hunters,whether it be animals or bottles.

E24E9BB21FE246849200639831E81D08.jpg

Attachments

• E24E9BB21FE246849200639831E81D08.jpg
    E24E9BB21FE246849200639831E81D08.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 64

jays emporium

Reaction score
I went on my hunt Saturday. The weather was cool, the moon was right and the deer were moving. I shot one 8 point buck in the morning and one 8 point buck in the afternoon. I have a picture of the smaller one. The other one is a bigger deer with larger antlers but I had to drag that one out 2000 steps and by the time I got him to the truck I was huffin & puffin so bad I didn't take time to get a pic. I do have a 2 wheel cart to move them on but that thing is hard to pull, especially through sand and water.
I'm going on another public hunt tomorrow, Mon - Wed near Austin. Bag limit there is one buck, one doe and unlimited hogs. My freezer has been empty for a couple of months but if I get something in Austin it will be full again. We eat a lot of wild game here.
Jay

090AD1BD5AA340408A128CEA46853BCC.jpg

Attachments

• 090AD1BD5AA340408A128CEA46853BCC.jpg
    090AD1BD5AA340408A128CEA46853BCC.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 57

Wangan

Reaction score
There you go Jay! I hope you fill your freezer. Id love to go on a hog hunt.They are a mean animal. I bet they would be good cooked like a trashcan turkey.Get an ATV to pack your kills out. You can load one on most any vehicle![:D]

45E6F09A9B804949A0A1503E4930FB2B.jpg

Attachments

• 45E6F09A9B804949A0A1503E4930FB2B.jpg
    45E6F09A9B804949A0A1503E4930FB2B.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 58

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Tim,...tell the wifey "congrats" for me,...good shooting! (Does she have to set down her broom when she picks up the rifle?)...omg, I'm still laughing about your Halloween joke.... I better lay off on the broom jokes,...Just kidding around you know.[:D] This pic might seem abit gruesome to some folks, but Saturday, It was raining pretty hard, and we were coming up the backroad towards our home, and noticed something on the road....This is the third mink (they look alot like a weasel in it's summer coat)...that I've seen hit by a car this year....we rarely see them otherwise,....once in a great while in the wild..Anyhow,...best of luck to all those looking to get their deer.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
We've been seeing minks for the last 5 years on the property. This year after a BIG flood I went downstream looking for my picnic table and two benches - didn't find them but saw two minks at the mouth of our stream. They were going upstream and passed by me really close.

Wangan

Reaction score
Joe she doesnt have to lay the broom down to shoot since she figured she might as well ride the rifle instead! She getting pretty good at strafing the deer.[:D] She takes jokes well.She married me didnt she?

I noticed a lot of skunks and racoons this year.A buddy and I saw an ermine <-(I think thats what they call a mink in his white winter coat),climb into a cinder block this guy had set his camp on.Pretty soon it comes backing out with a frozen mouse in his mouth and goes off into the woods with it.It came back and after giving us the once over,went and got another one and took off in the same direction as before.I told my buddy "Hes either real hungry,or he thinks we will clean out his stash".[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown