Today!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Foothills not far away, Rick. Probing found the maybes, test holes made it definite. Up there the soil is gravelly clay and every probed sounds like crushed glass because of the quartz composition. Down here test holes are not necessary because the soft loam lets you define a pit easily. Soil composition makes all the difference in the world.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

Foothills not far away, Rick. Probing found the maybes, test holes made it definite. Up there the soil is gravelly clay and every probed sounds like crushed glass because of the quartz composition. Down here test holes are not necessary because the soft loam lets you define a pit easily. Soil composition makes all the difference in the world.

I kind of like probing till my arms fall of and then with the last jab hit a pit. Its a feeling of accomplishment. [:)]
Sometimes there are dips sometimes not.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
No Chit! I hate dippers, the only place they left glass in on the sides and deep in corners.

mf150

Reaction score
Those insulators were made in San Francisco. They are very sought after. I bought a bottle from Dennis Bray, who sold all his western sodas to collect these insulators.

Here is the article:
http://www.peachridgeglass.com/2011/09/dennis-bray-says-goodbye-to-his-western-soda-bottle-collection/

Here are some of his insulators:
http://www.peachridgeglass.com/2011/08/dennis-brays-ecm-insulators/

Good examples command high prices. CONGRATS on digging it.

sparrow75

Reaction score
Nice find! The lowest price listed for that insulator is $250, and they go a lot higher than that. It's a cd123 if you didn't know.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky