Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Today's Crier. Hops & Malt Bitters.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Jun 14, 2014
Locō movērī
My book, given to me kindly by Jim Sinsley, says it is not a common bottle but does not tell an age or value. Based on appearance and scarcity, I'd say it indeed is a crier if you do that sort of thing. Don't want my opinion on that... It also would have had a paper label. The book lists only one style, so I'm guessing it wasn't made for long. It's from Detroit, though!

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
From my Research it comes from Detroit starting around 1870 to maybe 1880 & price can range from a low of $200 to maybe $500. Possible 2 variations & I don't think it ever had a paper label? Anybody else know more about it? LEON.

Attachments

andy volkerts

Jan 10, 2005
Sacramento, California
$i50.00 is a bit low for this bitters, in the color shown of your shard I feel that a mint example would have brought maybe $450.00. And yes they are from Detroit, and came originally with a paper label on the panel opposite from the embossed panel.....Hopefully as you dig some more privies, you will come upon a unbroken mint example. One may always hope.........

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
I still got some more digging to do in this same privy so hopefully a whole one or something cool & whole will still come out of it. I've found a few strange shaped bottles, ect, but they are broken unfortunately. THANKS, LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crinferr