Todays finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kaleb Pusateri

Reaction score
Having been young once myself, I understand your viewpoint. However, I predict that you will revise that philosophy with time, though if you have a high tolerance for clutter that time it might not arrive until the cost of storage facilities eats into your rent and groceries budget.

Thanks for sharing!
True

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
He can carry some of his finds in the HUGE trunk of his car. --Right alongside of the friends he is sneaking into the drive-in. :)

Reactions: Roy

RoseOnTheRocks

Reaction score
emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit, I like the peanut butter fragment. I like to imagine you were walking along, looked up at the sky and said, "God, give me a sign." Then you looked down and saw that piece of glass telling you to try jumbo peanut butter sandwiches.
I was thinking about your post this morning when I found a fragment with "Syrup" embossed on it... All of a sudden, I had a hankering for waffles

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
FYI- Likely part of the large sizing bottle for Jumbo Peanut Butter. The brand was named after P.T. Barnum's jagundo elephant. The elephant was massive and probably still holds the record for being the biggest ever. Hence, everything bigger and better became "Jumbo." (Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend the PT Barnum Museum just off I-95 on Main St. in Bridgeport because, after all, he was a Nutmegger/fun guy.) Also, "Yeah, I said "jagundo." I think ole Phineas Taylor would have approved. :) --Happy 4th America!:cool:

RoseOnTheRocks

Reaction score
FYI- Likely part of the large sizing bottle for Jumbo Peanut Butter. The brand was named after P.T. Barnum's jagundo elephant. The elephant was massive and probably still holds the record for being the biggest ever. Hence, everything bigger and better became "Jumbo." (Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend the PT Barnum Museum just off I-95 on Main St. in Bridgeport because, after all, he was a Nutmegger/fun guy.) Also, "Yeah, I said "jagundo." I think ole Phineas Taylor would have approved. :) --Happy 4th America!:cool:
I always look forward to your posts, Len!! I also found myself calling you "Computed Topography Len" in my mind before I realized that CT is for "Connecticut" haha

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I have seldom/never use computed topography in order to put Connecticut on the map to the best of memory. I try to use bottle orientated light educational humor (y-a-w-n) in this venue. Sometimes it lands and sometimes its a kamikaze.* ;) Your kind comments made my day. Thanks.:)

*- Btw, Jumbo died while being off loaded from his circus boxcar. However, he took the offending train with him when it derailed.
...Needless to say, PT Barnum and the nation were heartbroken.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora