Todays finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kaleb Pusateri

Reaction score
Sometimes it's not about quality, but it is about quantity.
20220628_145448.jpg
20220628_145458.jpg
20220628_145505.jpg
20220628_145520.jpg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Kaleb,
An interesting assortment. (Love that last pic.) ...Here's another way to look at your day's work. The larger picture reveals many fruit /canning jar lids. What is missing? Intact bottoms to those lids/the containers themselves. Also, that sole ceramic piece of a crock is lonely too. ...The cobalt bot on the left flank would be the first I'd clean. That tall amber with embossment would be second. Finally, its clear by the milk glass, there is a lady in the house. The real mystery is--WHY DID SHE MARRY BIGFOOT?:)

Thanks for sharing your finds. Nice job!

Kaleb Pusateri

Reaction score
Lol, It was a good 45 minute walk but some were chipped and broken, the cobalt is missing the top.

Reactions: Len

Kaleb Pusateri

Reaction score
Kaleb,
An interesting assortment. (Love that last pic.) ...Here's another way to look at your day's work. The larger picture reveals many fruit /canning jar lids. What is missing? Intact bottoms to those lids/the containers themselves. Also, that sole ceramic piece of a crock is lonely too. ...The cobalt bot on the left flank would be the first I'd clean. That tall amber with embossment would be second. Finally, its clear by the milk glass, there is a lady in the house. The real mystery is--WHY DID SHE MARRY BIGFOOT?:)

Thanks for sharing your finds. Nice job!
I picked them up for any canning jars I may find, I may need to find quite a few:p

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Kaleb,
Fruit jars were one of my first collections.-- Don't think of the lids as near worthless. They have become collectible and sought after by others to complete the closures of their canning jar(s) that don't have one. Check out "The Red Book" for closure values. Its usually given as a % of the jar's total value. ...Too bad about the cobalt. Was it a magnesia?

willong

Reaction score
Sometimes it's not about quality, but it is about quantity.
Having been young once myself, I understand your viewpoint. However, I predict that you will revise that philosophy with time, though if you have a high tolerance for clutter that time it might not arrive until the cost of storage facilities eats into your rent and groceries budget.

Thanks for sharing!

UnderMiner

Reaction score
I must admit, I like the peanut butter fragment. I like to imagine you were walking along, looked up at the sky and said, "God, give me a sign." Then you looked down and saw that piece of glass telling you to try jumbo peanut butter sandwiches.

Kaleb Pusateri

Reaction score
I must admit, I like the peanut butter fragment. I like to imagine you were walking along, looked up at the sky and said, "God, give me a sign." Then you looked down and saw that piece of glass telling you to try jumbo peanut butter sandwiches.
Honestly, it was almost just like that

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi