Today's House Demo Finds.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Today I finally made a good find this year after being in a Slump, some of you might remember last year & year before that made lots of finds after houses were demoed. Earlier in the year made 1 good find & now this Today. I noticed a few Months ago they had 3 old abandoned houses in a row Marked for Demo or Demolition. I drive by these 3 houses every other day for past 3 or 4 maybe 5 months & nothing. Now today I haven't been by these 3 houses in about 2 weeks. And then suddenly today I see all 3 houses tore down, all the debris hauled away & only 3 big holes left where crawlspace was & trenches dug around outer edge of where the 3 garages were. this is a good sign & typical. This is where you most likely find the Bottles, first garage hole produces one bottle, don't even remember what is was. 2nd Garage hole is a Jackpot I see bottles sitting every where on top of dirt & poking out of dirt. With the Bulldozers or Backhoe Digging these up for me easy Pickings, Like taking Candy from a Baby. BUT, The whole time I'm really in a rush to get out of there because right behind these 3 houses at the Corner is a Liquor/Party Store, unfortunately this is the local hangout for every rough looking gang member looking people from the Neighborhood. This is in a bad part of Town in Detroit. The kind of area where none of my friends from the suburbs would ever venture to go. With all the loud yapping, screaming, partying going on I grabbed the bottles real quick & made a run for it. I'll have to come back maybe Sunday or on my Lunch Break Monday when the area might be more Quiet. Here's what I grabbed today. Some nice Blob Top Beers, ect, ect. LEON.
P1120251.JPG
P1120256.JPG
P1120259.JPG

Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
Dang, those Detroits are some great looking beers!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes, They are. Best news is it's a new one I need for my Collection, I got 2 others but they are different, one is just like these with the Registered near bottom front but no Slugplate. The other has a slugplate but no Registered near bottom front. LEON.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I wish I could be so fortunate looking for bottles here. Would love to find some bottles from Attica, Imlay City, or Lapeer other than milks!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'm sure Demo's in Flint would produce some finds Robby Roccoon.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are some nice blob tops! Hoping you can find more next time you head back.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Went back Today. Much more Quiet on a early Sunday. Got 2 more Detroit Brewing Co. Blobs, but better yet 3 Hutch's this time. Well, not sure better yet, 2 of the 3 Hutchs are 2 & 3 of the top 3 most common Detroit Hutchs. Only Detroit Hutch more common would be the G. Norris. BUT, The best find is a Killer (in my opinion) Froelich & Rath Detroit Hutch. I've only seen 2 of these. the one I dug in other house Demo earlier this year or maybe it was late last year. But that one had the whole top 1/4 of bottle missing. I took it home anyways, all busted up & broke saying it will be a place holder until I can upgrade it. Well today was the day I upgraded it.
P1120262.JPG
P1120281.JPG
P1120282.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi